Fairfield Lake State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairfield Lake State Park

My son and I will be on the antlerless/spike hunt starting tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there?

Has anyone hunted there before?

Mitch

Good luck! I grew up out there. I wouldn't think it would be a problem for yall to get one there, unless a LOT has changed recently

Comment

Thanks. Its the first hunt period so that should help.

Comment

We are going in late December for a youth hunt.

Looking forward to seeing what u report

Comment

It was a good hunt I missed a doe and my son shot a doe. He saw deer every time out and I saw deer all but one time. some people did not see any deer.

I had a seven point broadside at 18 yards the first evening. if you have any question just ask.

I will be leaving for another hunt in the morning but will be back Sunday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Encore View Post
            My son and I will be on the antlerless/spike hunt starting tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there?

Has anyone hunted there before?

Mitch
            How did the hunt go?

Comment

Signed up...

Comment

I know there were at least ten animals taken but don't know the final count. One of the park employee told me they would normally have about 20 animals harvested in the first hunt period.

The acorns were still falling pretty good. Also if you go on this hunt I would take a pop up blind because some of the hunters were saying the blinds were to tall.

The staff was great just like most state parks.

Comment

Who else will be there for the late december youth hunt, my son and I plan on camping in a tent with a small heater to stay warm.

Comment

Originally posted by furtrapper View Post
                    Who else will be there for the late december youth hunt, my son and I plan on camping in a tent with a small heater to stay warm.
                    I will be there with my son but we will be staying in a hotel in Fairfield.

Comment

I'm be there with the kids in a tent!

Comment

Working...
                      X