Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
    Cold blooded Cale
    In all fairness, I’m an equal opportunist when it comes to ducks!

Comment

Stringer from this morning in West Texas! Sure was nice to get the dog wet and the barrel hot at least once this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Festus View Post

For all you smiling mallard lovers. Here’s a good way to mount one!!
        I may need to save this pic. I shot a canvasback Saturday that I wanted to keep for a mount. Knocked him down, but he wasn't dead. I didn't want to wring his neck and mess up the feathers, so I held him underwater for a few minutes to drown him. Didn't work. I clamped my thump on his windpipe while holding him underwater. Still alive..... Crushed his windpipe....still alive. Smacked him on the head with a kayak paddle....still alive....

He finally quit moving and seemed dead after more of that. As we were picking up decoys when the hunt was over, we had the ducks laid out for pics on the bank. Turned our backs, and the sucker got up and ran back in to the lake and started swimming off. I shot him again. He kept swimming. My son got in the kayak and retrieved him. Smacked him on the head again.....still moving.....

I put the duck strap around his neck and cinched it up tight - still trying to keep from messing him up for a mount. Hung him by the strap in the back of my truck and drove 35-40 miles back to town. Stopped and ate lunch at a restaurant. Drove another 15 minutes across town to my son's house. Got all the ducks out to clean them, and took ol' Timex out of the strap. He started wiggling around again! STILL not dead.

I put him in a Ziploc bag and stuck him in the freezer. I haven't opened the freezer since I put him in there on Saturday, but I expect him to jump out and start waddling away whenever I do open the door next.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I may need to save this pic. I shot a canvasback Saturday that I wanted to keep for a mount. Knocked him down, but he wasn't dead. I didn't want to wring his neck and mess up the feathers, so I held him underwater for a few minutes to drown him. Didn't work. I clamped my thump on his windpipe while holding him underwater. Still alive..... Crushed his windpipe....still alive. Smacked him on the head with a kayak paddle....still alive....

He finally quit moving and seemed dead after more of that. As we were picking up decoys when the hunt was over, we had the ducks laid out for pics on the bank. Turned our backs, and the sucker got up and ran back in to the lake and started swimming off. I shot him again. He kept swimming. My son got in the kayak and retrieved him. Smacked him on the head again.....still moving.....

I put the duck strap around his neck and cinched it up tight - still trying to keep from messing him up for a mount. Hung him by the strap in the back of my truck and drove 35-40 miles back to town. Stopped and ate lunch at a restaurant. Drove another 15 minutes across town to my son's house. Got all the ducks out to clean them, and took ol' Timex out of the strap. He started wiggling around again! STILL not dead.

I put him in a Ziploc bag and stuck him in the freezer. I haven't opened the freezer since I put him in there on Saturday, but I expect him to jump out and start waddling away whenever I do open the door next.
          2 ways I do it

1. Exhaust

Truck or atv. Fire it up and stick bill in pipe

2. Sit on or squeeze them

Fold wings so you don’t break bones and sit on them. Their lungs can’t lift a human and they will suffocate

I had a greater Canada hub deep in a deleted 6.0 once... FYI that’s a lot of bird to try and fight, so be ready

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            2 ways I do it

1. Exhaust

Truck or atv. Fire it up and stick bill in pipe

2. Sit on or squeeze them

Fold wings so you don’t break bones and sit on them. Their lungs can’t lift a human and they will suffocate

I had a greater Canada hub deep in a deleted 6.0 once... FYI that’s a lot of bird to try and fight, so be ready

That would be a battle.

Comment

I carry a little tool on my lanyard, you just stick it in their head and it kills them. Quick and easy. Can’t remember what it’s called or where I got it. Doesn’t tear anything up just leaves a small hole.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I carry a little tool on my lanyard, you just stick it in their head and it kills them. Quick and easy. Can’t remember what it’s called or where I got it. Doesn’t tear anything up just leaves a small hole.
                It's called a finisher by adrenaline

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel your pain! Had a Greater Canadian Goose come back from the dead in the back of the suburban doing 75 on interstate. It announced its resurrection with the loudest honk you’ll ever hear and then tried to fly out the window. We all about messed our shorts but **** did we laugh after we pulled over and finished the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                    I feel your pain! Had a Greater Canadian Goose come back from the dead in the back of the suburban doing 75 on interstate. It announced its resurrection with the loudest honk you’ll ever hear and then tried to fly out the window. We all about messed our shorts but **** did we laugh after we pulled over and finished the job.
                    I had a pheasant come back from the dead when I was a kid. He was in my game bag in back of my vest. Those dang spurs are SHARP!

Comment

Bite heads on ducks and small to medium geese or wring necks on all of them. If you know what your doing you will not damage anything.

A head that gets bit will just have a crushed skull, it wont break the skin or damage feathers.

A wrung neck will just have the back broken, no damage to skin or feathers either.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought today would be better, but ended up with one duck. 3 more days.

CONGRATS bowfishin! Great hunt!

Comment

Good morning hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Freaking pumped for the morning hunt!

Comment

More boot lips
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X