No announcement yet.

New boat motor for 22 ft blue wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

115 would be way under powered. 150 would be minimum. I would go 200 or 225 Honda or Yamaha 4 stroke

Comment

You would be underpowered. But jumping up on plane has a lot to do with the pitch / style of prop your running. More pitch = better hull shot but less top end. How you trim your motor / jack plate also effects this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X100 on what everyone else said. Way underpowered. Would be at least a 200 more likely a 225 imo

Comment

Hey - didn’t you just retire awhile back?
          Go buy yourself a BRAND SPANKING NEW BOAT and enjoy being able to jump in it and go fishing with your kids and grandkids.
          You definitely don’t need to worry about having to use paddles to get home.
          Just my opinion. ��

Comment

I had a 22 bluewave behnke edition in the 90’s with a 200 evinrude vindicator, it ran great. My friend had a 150 evinrude on the same hull and it felt underpowered to me, especially trying to pop up. We weren’t into props and pitch as much back then but I would think a Suzuki 175 pitched right would be about as low hp as I would go on that hull. Would not consider a 115.

FWIW I’ve never heard anyone say they regretted putting max recommended hp on a boat.

Comment

Ok. I'm going with a 150 hp. Now what make do y'all recommend

Comment

Suzuki is your best bang for your buck.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Suzuki

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Suzuki as long as you can get service in your area. I have a df250 on my Andros with 900 hrs and no issues to date.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Yamaha

Comment

I have a 200 Optimax on my 22’ Blue Wave. It’s a perfect set up.

Comment

My FIL has a 22’ Bluewave with a 150. It’s always seemed underpowered to me and I couldn’t imagine having anything smaller. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                            My FIL has a 22’ Bluewave with a 150. It’s always seemed underpowered to me and I couldn’t imagine having anything smaller. Good luck!
                            It feels like that because it is

Comment

Honda or Suzuki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of the newer 4-Strokes are all good motors, strongly consider who is going to service when issues arise and how their reputation is.

Comment

Working...
                                X