Austin deer processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin deer processors

I finally shot an axis buck & want to take it to get processed but don't know where to go. I was a bug fan of Smokey Denmark but they no longer do it. I only take whitetail bucks to Hudson's on S. Congress since they combine other peoples orders. I did a search here & saw lots of people use Klein's in Pflugerville but they're closed each year after March. Anyone have any places they recommend that's in the Austin area & doesn't mix your order with others?

The Hudsons on HWY 290 just west of Oak Hill has done a few for me, different owner.

Comment

Congratulations on your Axis buck. We used to use Smokey Denmark as well before they went out of the wild game processing business. A real shame, as though they were pricey, they were very good. Hudson's - no thanks. I started processing our deer by myself since Smokey Denmark is no longer available. I've heard there are some good processors in New Braunfels and Llano, but I've never tried anyone outside of Smokey Denmark and Hudsons.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Brizondines in Bertram. I have used them for several years now. Good people, have always been fast, processing has been good, everything packaged well, and reasonably priced.

Comment

Stonewall Smokehouse in Stonewall is excellent but not sure of their hours this time of year.

Comment

I prefer Bon Tons in Uhland and you get YOUR meat back!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

When I lived up in Austin I had people bring me stolid from brizodines and it was good. I’ve have stuff from parcels in el campo and it was good. - last week, I had someone give me summer and dry sausage from Buehrigs in Westhoff. - ain’t no summer sausage left!!!! They have a website but are only open part of the year. He may take in some work right now - worth checking it out.

Comment

what other axis deer are they gonna mix big run on exotics lately?

Comment

Either go to Bon Tons Uhland or go to Rust's, Schwabs, or Granzines New Braunfels.

Hudson's isn't really all that good. Mediocre at best.

Comment

We do ours at granzins here in new Braunfels but another good one is kyle koepp down hunter rd at koepp quality processing

Comment

Count me in the group that is disappointed that Smokey Denmarks isn't processing anymore. As mentioned before it was pricey but dang it was good. I had Klien's and it was good, nothing to write home about.

Comment

Now that Smokey’s quit wild game, I use Granzin’s in New Braunfels.
                        I think they are worth the drive.
                        Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                          what other axis deer are they gonna mix big run on exotics lately?
                          I'm know MLD expert but I'm guessing a decent amount of whitetail deer are shot throughout the year. Before I knew Hudson's mixed meat from other customers orders, I brought them several axis deer to get processed. I wouldn't be surprised if I got whitetail meat back even though I dropped off axis.

Just dropped the meat off at Bon Tons & will report back how it turned out.
                          Last edited by techzan; 04-29-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

This is who I have been using the last 4-5 years and have been very happy. He is in Liberty Hill.

http://www.hunterscreekprocessing.com/

Comment

I have used Hudson's, Klein's, Brizendine's, Smokey Denmark, Granzine's, Hunters Creek and several in the Hill Country. I would say it depends on the time of the year and what you are having them process. Klein's and Hudson (South Congress) were same owner, what I was told, until recently bought out. Hudson's good smoke sausages. Brizendine's good snack sticks. Smokey Denmark good sausages too (pricey). Cole at Hunters Creek makes some good sausage also. Everyone is going to have their favorite processor and all of them have their +/-, depending on who you ask. Processing wild game should be slower this time of the year. Just ask them if you are getting your axis back? Good luck, you cant go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X