Off the shelf accurate bolt gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    All this talk about Ruger American I may just buy one to leave at the ranch in case somebody is having rifle issues.
    It's a gun I hang on my utv drive around not worried about getting it dirty good ranch truck rifle for sure

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
      It's a gun I hang on my utv drive around not worried about getting it dirty good ranch truck rifle for sure

I need one. I cringe every time I bump a nice rifle on a side by side riding around at night or filling feeders. I'm pretty **** about my rifles and carry them in a case to and from the stand so having a beater would be nice. I have a savage model 110that I turn into it also.

Comment

Here is my Tikka hunter in 260, wife got me a new Zeiss for Christmas to top it off. Going to make a nice light weight do anything gun for me. Can't wait for the weather to clear and get to the range.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          I need one. I cringe every time I bump a nice rifle on a side by side riding around at night or filling feeders. I'm pretty **** about my rifles and carry them in a case to and from the stand so having a beater would be nice. I have a savage model 110that I turn into it also.
          I dropped mine off my high rack last year. For the price it's a awesome shooter very surprised.

Comment

25 yrs ago I would say Rem 700..nowadays savage gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
              Here is my Tikka hunter in 260, wife got me a new Zeiss for Christmas to top it off. Going to make a nice light weight do anything gun for me. Can't wait for the weather to clear and get to the range.

awesome accurate combo

Comment

Tikka! Have two and might buy another one after the first of the year.

Comment

Off the shelf accurate bolt gun?

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post

I put the same combo together for the wife just in 7mm-08. The guys at apr did a bang up job on a little customization. Turned out well. I'll get some better pics when I get the scope mounted this week. Are those the stock rings and will they work with a 50mm?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451180691.326682.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	24421550
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451180713.984724.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	24421551
                  Last edited by Mossback; 12-26-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Tikka has my vote. They shoot great. Had APR order me a wood/blued t3 hunter in 6.5x55 and love it.

Comment

Ruger precision rifle best bang for your buck.

Comment

I have a vanguard in 6.5creedmoor and its an amazing shooter out of the box. In the hands of a capable marksman it’d be even better. I paid less than $600 for the rifle

topped with a nikon prostate 7... under $1,000 and a great rifle. Yes you can get better and eventually I will upgrade the glass when I have the budget but its works great
                        Last edited by hooligan; 12-26-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                          Tell me more.

The pro or the range model?

The Sako over a 700 5R? Looking for a .308.
                          Sako anything over Remington anything!

Comment

Tikka makes a nice rifle. If i were to buy an off the shelf rifle again I would pick one up.

Comment

Working...
                            X