Aluminum Rifle Shooting Rests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Rifle Shooting Rests

I purchase an aluminum blind shooting rest from a guy at the TTHA event in Houston many years ago. I started playing with welding aluminum and have made several of these to put in all my blinds. You.can adjust the piece of all thread in the back for elevation.I put a bag on top of it and it’s like shooting off a bench. I will try to attach a couple of pictures.

I’ve tried a couple of times to attach picture without success. Can I get someone to post two pictures?

Comment

Posting for Troy
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for posting pictures.

Comment

We’ve had these at our place for like 15+ years. Guy who made them lives in Houston but no clue what happened to him.

Comment

The guy I bought the first one from was from Katy and had a booth at the TTHA show in Houston about 10 years ago. The only improvement I made was I did away with the clip type of nuts that the all thread goes through. My new on have a rib nut rivet into the square tubing. Less rattles with this type of nut. It’s fun practicing my welding on aluminum.

Comment

Are you interested in selling one?

Comment

PM sent. Brian

Comment

Troy,

When you work something out for the butt end of the rifle to improve stability let me know as I am wanting something to leave in each of our box blinds. I would be interested in at least four.

Tim

Comment

No need for anything to support the butt of the rifle. I put two 6” x 11”” sand bags and it is steady as a rock. Let me know when you want them.

Comment

Dang that a great product

Comment

Cool concept for sure. I may try to copy that idea.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Great idea. I guess you could make with plywood to remove the need for welding. Be cheaper as well. Need one for my daughter this year.

Comment

One of the guys on my lease made some out of wood. he used wood instead of the piece of all thread,he did not have a way to adjust up and down. Making some more out of aluminum gave me a reason to buy a spool-gun and argon cylinder. i'm thinking the next ones i make will have straight lines across the front instead of the arc. It should make them a lot easier to cut out with the skill saw and metal blade.

Comment

Working...
                              X