No announcement yet.

New Fire Pit/Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job ! Fred make a pretty good welder' s helper ?

Comment

Time to burn some meat!!!

Skinny

Comment

I may need some help. I'm about to start.

This is what I've got now lol.

I think I'm going to get the machine shop in town to roll me a ring and some flatbar for the grill edge.

Comment

Oh and dang good job there DMo!!

Comment

Man that is awesome! You have some great skills that I wish I had. I bet Fred is going to love what comes off of the attached grill!

Comment

Dale, how tall are those letters?
              Last edited by rferg84; 04-06-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Nice job. And nice mutt looks like he scored a good snack

Comment

Dang Dale I wish I had your fab skils

Comment

Two Stars for the casters. Another for your patients. Another for ingenuity. And one more for adding the personal touch. It speaks class !

Well done Dale! Well done !

Comment

New Fire Pit/Grill

Originally posted by Big Daddy View Post
                        may be a stupid question, but what is this for ? The pipe with strap welded on it

That is the "coupler". That's on the opposite side from the wheels, and a 2" ball will slide right up in it. I have a ball on the 3 pt of my little tractor, this way I can back up to it, pick it up, and drag it out in the pasture to dump ashes.

We aren't gonna disclose the beer number.

I believe those letters are 5" tall, Ol Thumper cut those out for me, along with the stars I used for the wheel spokes.

Ol Fred is a great mutt, but he's not good FOR anything.

I thought about putting some expanded metal around the outside between the pit and the boot rail for beers and such, but I figured stuff would just get left on it and melt. The little swinging shelf will have to do for now, I can add to it if I think it needs permanent shelves later.

The entire grill will raise up and down with the jack, or you can lift it right off the top by hand.
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-06-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Man, your projects are always so well thought out and done right. Great job again. I love the idea of the "coupler". I also really like the tounge jack for raising & lowering the grill height. Excellent work.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                            I may need some help. I'm about to start.

This is what I've got now lol.

I think I'm going to get the machine shop in town to roll me a ring and some flatbar for the grill edge.
                            I want to see the final build that I never got to.

Comment

Originally posted by CW Outfitters View Post
                              I want to see the final build that I never got to.
                              I'll post my progress! Right now I'm putting together one of those wooden playsets that come in 1000 pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                                I'll post my progress! Right now I'm putting together one of those wooden playsets that come in 1000 pieces.
                                I feel your pain. My daughters 2nd bday is next weekend and that is my project this week too.

Comment

Working...
                                X