Custom pedestal mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom pedestal mount

While living in ND my wife and I were able to harvest a few good bucks and I want to mount them together on a fence post that I was given by the landowners. The post is about 11” at the widest and 7’ tall.

It has char marks from when a pretty good grass fire swept through a few years back. Pretty cool.

Thinking about something like these except nicer (hopefully):

My questions are:

How do I can’t the bottom flush? Chainsaw isn’t as clean as I’d like and I don’t really have anything that big.

How to attach to a concrete base which I will paint brown/green and add grass, sheds, barbed wire etc. My first though is sinking studs into the concrete and the drilling the bottom of the post.

I’m fairly handy but any suggestions are appreciated!!

Large enough band saw or a sliding miter saw should cut it clean enough. It looks like you need to trim 8 or 10" off from the pic

There are a few builds like this over at DIY

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are a few I’ve done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        Here are a few I’ve done.

Wow those are great. Have you done any with a shorter base? With this fence post being so tall I feel like I should keep the base as low as possible. Was planning to put 4-5 skulls on the post and a couple just sitting on the base near grade.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
          Wow those are great. Have you done any with a shorter base? With this fence post being so tall I feel like I should keep the base as low as possible. Was planning to put 4-5 skulls on the post and a couple just sitting on the base near grade.

I haven’t but the next one I do I may try that. I would think you could lag bolt the post to a sheet of plywood cut to fit in a room corner, then mold the base to what ever shape using a concrete & plaster mix.

Could even space the post up from the plywood base with block of wood to give it a mound shape.

Comment

Working...
          X