Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any post season reviews on the Bucees ASF EZ feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any post season reviews on the Bucees ASF EZ feeder?

Let's hear the reviews from those that bought $399 ASF from Bucees that were popular in a large thread here on TBH this year. I'm leaning toward a Lamco 600 Low and Throw very hard for my feedpen without a directional but would love to have a reason to save $350.. I'm trying to just say no to ladders so I'm in full research mode.

I have been to Bucees and looked at them but I'm looking more for performance in the field including keeping corn dry and any issues....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5735.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	25167732

Interested as well

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Let's hear the reviews from those that bought $399 ASF from Bucees that were popular in a large thread here on TBH this year. I'm leaning toward a Lamco 600 Low and Throw very hard for my feedpen without a directional but would love to have a reason to save $350.. I'm trying to just say no to ladders so I'm in full research mode.

I have been to Bucees and looked at them but I'm looking more for performance in the field including keeping corn dry and any issues....

[ATTACH]943040[/ATTACH]

I’ve have a similar version that has a much better built base and skids that I love. It’s so much better than filling a taller feeder on the back of my ranger or pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just get the Lamco Jason

Comment

Here’s the one you asked about on the other feeder thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            I’ve have a similar version that has a much better built base and skids that I love. It’s so much better than filling a taller feeder on the back of my ranger or pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping .....Already have a SNF timed protein coming....

I just decided I need to be more safe and dependent when I'm by myself. Can't give up my fill out of the back of my truck directional yet but I'm replacing the others.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
              Just get the Lamco Jason
              I agree! Just get it.

Comment

I used one this season at my lease. Just bought another for my ranch. We will be buying 3 more before deer season. The throw diameter is slightly less than advertised but it is easy to fill, keeps out the critters and has yet to fail.
                That said I don't like the exposed wire conduit for the wires to the motor. I didn't think the plastic "conduit" would stand up to the coons we constantly battle so I used a large can to make a cover. On the ranch coons aren't as prevalent so . . .

Gary

Comment

I considered the Lamco but at half the price this one is worth a try.

Gary

Comment

I’ve been happy with mine so far. Haven’t noticed any problems as of yet, but I’ve only had them going for a month or two. I will update with any issues I discover. I currently have two running 4 times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      I used one this season at my lease. Just bought another for my ranch. We will be buying 3 more before deer season. The throw diameter is slightly less than advertised but it is easy to fill, keeps out the critters and has yet to fail.
                      That said I don't like the exposed wire conduit for the wires to the motor. I didn't think the plastic "conduit" would stand up to the coons we constantly battle so I used a large can to make a cover. On the ranch coons aren't as prevalent so . . .

Gary

Did you do any of the modifications they had listed in that big thread for the motor and wire? I have no issue with the lower throw diameter. In fact that is my concern with the Lamco. Several folks I have talked too says it throws 20-25+ yards all the way around the feeder and they advertise 155' diameter. I can't have corn being slung out of my pen and even at 20 panels that could happen with one of them. We have a few goats and I don't want them to get used to corn being there at every spin. I don't have any issue with them now and I don't need to create them.

Comment

Used two Bucees feeders all yr with no problems. The only thing I see is the frame is made of pretty light material. My pens are hog proof so hogs aren't a problem.

Comment

I did the modifications and they have worked great. We have a lot of pigs and I haven’t put panels around these feeders yet, and they have shown no ill effects from the pigs so far. They throw about 12- 15 yards in each direction.

Comment

Be interested in the verdict on these feeders. Watching

Comment

Originally posted by drslonghorn View Post
                              I did the modifications and they have worked great. We have a lot of pigs and I haven’t put panels around these feeders yet, and they have shown no ill effects from the pigs so far. They throw about 12- 15 yards in each direction.

Man that would be about perfect distance wise.. thanks for the review

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              Used two Bucees feeders all yr with no problems. The only thing I see is the frame is made of pretty light material. My pens are hog proof so hogs aren't a problem.

Thank you for the review! No hogs here and they will be in strong pens

Comment

Working...
                              X