Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder recommendations

I'm considering upgrading. $400 budget.

I'll mostly use it in TX but the reason for upgrade is for annual Colorado/Wyoming hunts.

I would look at the sig 2200 mr

Comment

Sig 2200.

Comment

These days you get a lot of RF for the money.

Comment

I have a Sig ranger finger, I like it. Just found out this morning that Sig has a new BDX ranger finders and scopes. It seems the range finder can put a dot in your scope as to where to aim, compensating for bullet drop and wind. I watched about four of the eight videos on the scopes and range finders this morning. I looked them up on Optics Planet, both the scopes and range finders are not bad priced. The package deals with the scope and range finders are pretty dang good. I would almost like to try one out and I am the one who hates electronic crap in scopes. I would still like to try one, on one of my rifles, to see how well they work.
          They let you pick the bullet you are using, the app knows the ballistic coefficient of the bullet, then you enter muzzle velocity. You can save each load you use in that gun. Then both the scope can be linked to multiple ranger finders and each range finder can be linked to multiple scopes.

You can enter wind speed, air temp, shot angle. Then the scopes have cant indicators on each side of the lens or on the crosshairs, not sure, did not get far enough to see what it actually looks like looking through the scope. Need to go back and finish watching the videos. Sounded cool, I would assume they work well, just not sure about long term.

Comment

I’m a Nikon fan myself, and for far less then $400 too !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to be able to range a deer or pronghorn way out there...and every time.

Comment

Sig Kilo. It is better than my Leica RF binos. I have ranged deer at 1900 yds with it on a tripod mount.

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
                  Sig Kilo. It is better than my Leica RF binos. I have ranged deer at 1900 yds with it on a tripod mount.
                  There’s quite a few Kilos and everything but the latest Leica binos haven’t been impressive. Like the latest 6 month models. The Kilo 2000 wont beat any of the current Leica offerings, but the 2200 is pretty on par with the Leica 2400, but the Leica wins the glass department. The Leica 2700 will beat the Kilo 2400 in both glass and ranging, but isn’t as good in the ballistics solving dept. The Leica 2800.Com will beat the 2400 Sig in every dept, but is on par with the Kilo 3000 binos.

Personally for $400 I’d go Sig 2200 and not think twice about it. If you can bump it up to $500 then take a hard look at the Leupold RX-2800 and Leica 2400. The Leica has a smaller beam divergence even though capabilities are pretty similar to the Sig 2200. That will make long range hits on animals easier to acquire.
                  Last edited by TX03RUBI; 05-25-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    I have a Sig ranger finger, I like it. Just found out this morning that Sig has a new BDX ranger finders and scopes. It seems the range finder can put a dot in your scope as to where to aim, compensating for bullet drop and wind. I watched about four of the eight videos on the scopes and range finders this morning. I looked them up on Optics Planet, both the scopes and range finders are not bad priced. The package deals with the scope and range finders are pretty dang good. I would almost like to try one out and I am the one who hates electronic crap in scopes. I would still like to try one, on one of my rifles, to see how well they work.
                    They let you pick the bullet you are using, the app knows the ballistic coefficient of the bullet, then you enter muzzle velocity. You can save each load you use in that gun. Then both the scope can be linked to multiple ranger finders and each range finder can be linked to multiple scopes.

You can enter wind speed, air temp, shot angle. Then the scopes have cant indicators on each side of the lens or on the crosshairs, not sure, did not get far enough to see what it actually looks like looking through the scope. Need to go back and finish watching the videos. Sounded cool, I would assume they work well, just not sure about long term.

I’d like to try this out, as well. My wife works for Academy in the optics buying dept and Sig took her out to test and she was hitting steel at 850 and she’s not a big shooter. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                      I’d like to try this out, as well. My wife works for Academy in the optics buying dept and Sig took her out to test and she was hitting steel at 850 and she’s not a big shooter. It works.
                      That's pretty good. I am looking at buying four new scopes, I have one Sig scope, that I like. So I just got on Optics Planet the other morning and found those scopes and range finders. Which I also have a Sig range finder, which I also like. I watched four of the eight videos and was liking the sound of those pieces. I would really like to try at least one. It might wind up with me owning a few Sig scopes and a new Sig range finder. The prices were not bad either. I was looking at a 4.5-14X scope and a range finder combo, for I think $600, maybe $700. It was either $599 or $699, I think $599. What I saw on the video, sounds like Sig went into quite a bit of detail on data, to calculate the bullet impact.
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-25-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I had to go back and look, just the 4.5-14 BDX scope is $600, the combo with the range finder is $800.

Comment

I haven't dove headfirst onto the sig distofinder train yet, i have the Leopold 1200i tbr i got a few years ago and it's been very good. You certainly have to take a hard look at the Sigs of course.. the online and personal use reviews are outstanding.. for me i have no reason to change cause the Leo does everything i gotta do.. keep us posted on what ya get, as mentioned before, you do get a lot for your money with the top brands these days

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X