Laredo trip - Javi hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laredo trip - Javi hunt?

I am going to Laredo around the second week of June and I was wondering if it would be too hot to hunt javilena?
    If not, does anyone have a place they would recommend that doesn't cost a grand?
    Or maybe someone who lives there would be interested in taking me out for one day?
    I bowhunt exclusively and for those that don't know me... I'm a middle aged woman who hunts harder than many men! ��

Not too hot for sure! It will be hot, but I love some summer pig/exotic hunting. I’m no help on the places to hunt. Good luck!

Comment

Lincoln ranch

Comment

Far from ideal timing, but if they have flea bags and you feed them corn... they can be killed!

Probably loose the mid day stalking and just be early morning late evening hunts and vegetation will be biggest obstacle. But around a feeder or in the road I bet you can get it done.

No help on ranch in that area. Good luck. For day hunts without lodging you should be able to do it Free-$150 a day

Comment

Depends on what you call "too hot"... Buddies were at our place this past weekend filling feeders... 97 degrees by noon on Saturday...
          We were building our camp last year during June and staying in Laredo, commuting back and forth out to the ranch (about 40 miles east of Laredo)... coming in each evening at dark, temps would still be in the 102-106 range at 8:30/9:00 PM... For me, that's too hot to even think about shooting an animal that already stinks and is covered in fleas... but then I'm an old wuss when it comes to hot weather!!

Comment

I think it would be just morning hunt, one or two at most. It's a bucket list animal for me.

Comment

Later Date

If/when I get my little bunkhouse built, I might be able to accommodate you but I'm nowhere near Laredo. North of Van Horn near Dell City. PM me if interested.

Pablo

Comment

I believe it will be hot. The latest in the year I ever went was in May and I said never again. February is my favorite time to hunt them. They can be taken in June but just not as much fun because of the heat. Good luck.

Comment

It was around 102 when I hunted javis down there...it wasn't that bad. Wear lightweight synthetic long sleeves and a shemagh, keep 'em both wet and you'll be aight

Comment

That time of year they won't move until very early and very late. It'll be well over the century mark by June...

Comment

I think I'll just wait for a spring hunt. Thanks

Comment

The best time is January or February. As close to after the ranch quits deer hunting as possible. All that corn being put out for the deer draws them in where they show up like clockwork. I hardly ever see any this time of year. But start putting corn out on a regular basis in the fall and they pop out everywhere..

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          The best time is January or February. As close to after the ranch quits deer hunting as possible. All that corn being put out for the deer draws them in where they show up like clockwork. I hardly ever see any this time of year. But start putting corn out on a regular basis in the fall and they pop out everywhere..
                          This! ...especially for South Texas...

Comment

Working...
                          X