No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always tracked net. Although, like the article above, you can do either. I do consume some of the mass produced “keto” bars/snacks, but very little. I keep a majority of my regimen to Whole Foods. The mass produced stuff come in handy in a pinch for long sits in the stand or long road trips where gas station fare is your only other option. I do not make it a regular part of my regimen though and, like everything else, moderation is the key. I’ll stress again how critical tracking your macros is. I don’t do it any longer, but it was crucial to understanding balancing my intake for the day and portion control. Like has been relayed here numerous times, healthy fats are the key. If you aren’t getting enough daily, it will hurt your progress on a ketogenic diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On Keto is it okay to go calorie deficient as long as you are eating the right macros? Say 1500calories a day? The calculator says I need 2000 like a regular type of diet.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
        On Keto is it okay to go calorie deficient as long as you are eating the right macros? Say 1500calories a day? The calculator says I need 2000 like a regular type of diet.
        You don't really need a calorie deficit to lose weight (assuming that's your reason for asking) if you're eating high fat/low carb keto. Once your body starts burning fat for fuel instead of carbs, you'll lose weight. I lost over 25 pounds without a calorie deficit. I didn't think I had that much weight to lose, but apparently I did. I just eat until I'm satiated and make sure I'm not eating the wrong stuff. It's better to eat everything your body needs, rather than starving your body. Calorie deficits make your body think it needs to store fat. But if you're eating enough of all the right things, everything just works like it's supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
          Yes it is ok. Just make sure you dont go so low you lose the energy to do whatever you like to do each day. Everyone is different. Im 5'11" and like to stay around 180-185lbs. In 2018 I got up to 204 because, life! I started keto in January last year and my daily calorie intake was around 1650 and I was definitely putting my time in the gym and staying active. Plenty of energy. My BMR is about 1850 calories per day. So I try to stay under that when Im trying to lose weight. When Im maintaining my "fighting weight" and working out my daily calorie intake is around 2200-2300.

Also if you go too low on your calories, your body will shut/slow down burning fuel because it thinks it's in starvation mode.
          Last edited by rtp; 01-22-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

what would yall say the majority of your diet is made up of on keto? I am trying my best to stay away from too much cheese and dairy, but that the hard part is seems. I have just now put broccoli and cauliflower in my diet along with zucchini. I do 2 TBSp acv and 1tbsp MCT oil every day also. I cook with butter as much as possible, maybe I should substitute coconut oil. Also 4 scrambled eggs with a splash of heavy cream seems to be a filling meal. I use ground beef and ground deer along with chicken salad I make for most of my meat.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Wife and I started Jan 4th, figures out we weren’t on a good track so started using the Carb Manager App on the 11th. Since the 11th neither of us have exceeded the allowances provided by the App and most days we are both considerably under on carbs.

Neither of us has had any sign of keto flu etc and test strips have been random as heck.

Neither of us have our normal energy nor stamina in our workouts but I don’t really think either of us is in ketosis

I did not target a large weight loss but have lost about 6 of the 10 that was my goal wife is pretty much where she started despite targeting a larger loss in the app profile.

She is getting very frustrated!

Don’t know why but it seems to take women longer. Also they often notice inches starting to go before weight. A co-worker took 2 months to start losing but then she has lost 80 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                what would yall say the majority of your diet is made up of on keto? I am trying my best to stay away from too much cheese and dairy, but that the hard part is seems. I have just now put broccoli and cauliflower in my diet along with zucchini. I do 2 TBSp acv and 1tbsp MCT oil every day also. I cook with butter as much as possible, maybe I should substitute coconut oil. Also 4 scrambled eggs with a splash of heavy cream seems to be a filling meal. I use ground beef and ground deer along with chicken salad I make for most of my meat.

I’m pretty varied, but I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast. Always with avocado and some kind of meat. Meats for me are typically chicken thighs, venison, axis, rib-eye or NY Strip. Occasionally I’ll do some fish or shrimp. I eat 1-2 avocados per day. Sides for me are typically cauliflower rice, broccoli, brussel sprouts, or asparagus. I make these in numerous different ways. I’ll do some zoodles if I’m making a “pasta” dish. I’m also a creature of habit, so I may make a large egg/meat scramble and eat on it for breakfast for 3-4 days. I’ll make a large dinner meal and eat on it for 4 days too. My wife on the other hand isn’t a big fan of leftovers. Same meal for two days is about her max.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                  Don’t know why but it seems to take women longer. Also they often notice inches starting to go before weight. A co-worker took 2 months to start losing but then she has lost 80 pounds.

Completely agree. My wife is a scale watcher and when she got on board after I was already down 50lbs last year, she was getting frustrated. She was losing inches, but not noticing a weight loss. Then 3 months later she’d lost 40lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                    Completely agree. My wife is a scale watcher and when she got on board after I was already down 50lbs last year, she was getting frustrated. She was losing inches, but not noticing a weight loss. Then 3 months later she’d lost 40lbs.

Thx, I showed the two posts about women to my wife. She has zero staying power when it comes to stuff like this.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                      I’m pretty varied, but I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast. Always with avocado and some kind of meat. Meats for me are typically chicken thighs, venison, axis, rib-eye or NY Strip. Occasionally I’ll do some fish or shrimp. I eat 1-2 avocados per day. Sides for me are typically cauliflower rice, broccoli, brussel sprouts, or asparagus. I make these in numerous different ways. I’ll do some zoodles if I’m making a “pasta” dish. I’m also a creature of habit, so I may make a large egg/meat scramble and eat on it for breakfast for 3-4 days. I’ll make a large dinner meal and eat on it for 4 days too. My wife on the other hand isn’t a big fan of leftovers. Same meal for two days is about her max.

Good post....and better list.. I also can deaux the same food for 4-5 days without an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Good post....and better list.. I also can deaux the same food for 4-5 days without an issue.

Stay after it Sir. Once you get your body in tune with fat burning for energy you will feel great.

Typical day of meals for me are:

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs and half an avocado

Lunch: salad with avocado and some kind of protein; chicken, tuna, steak, fish

Dinner: if I have dinner it's a grilled protein and veggies

Snacks: mainly nuts, some type of jerky ( bacon is my favorite ) once my body is completely in Keto mode I will eat small portions of fruits for snacks...

Comment

I don't eat breakfast.

For lunch at home, I typically have a salad (mixed greens) with beef, venison, chicken or salmon or tuna, maybe some cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, nuts, etc. and blue cheese (or feta or cheddar), blue cheese or ranch dressing, with lots of olive oil. Or maybe I'll just fry some eggs in butter and cook some bacon or Canadian bacon or venison sausage (breakfast or German). If I'm at a restaurant, I'll have the same type of meat/salad if somewhere that has it. Or maybe BBQ ribs or brisket with salad, green beans, or whatever. If at a Mexican food place, I'll have carne guisada or street tacos or a chile relleno (egg battered, NOT breaded) with salad and guacamole instead of rice and beans. If at a chicken place, then grilled chicken and salad. Same stuff as home. Just skip all the potatoes, tortillas, bread, etc. that restaurants try to serve with everything.

For supper, it's the same type of stuff. I try to eat avocado and eggs most days, so if I didn't eat any of one of those for lunch, I try to incorporate it into my supper. Then I'll usually have some kind of fat bomb or berries and cream or something for desert.

I don't eat snacks between meals anymore. Before keto, I'd eat breakfast, snack at 10am, lunch, snack at 3pm, supper, snack later..... All those carbs from the "healthy low-fat" standard American diet kept me hungry all the time. On keto, I'm not hungry between meals, so no snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Stay after it Sir. Once you get your body in tune with fat burning for energy you will feel great.

Typical day of meals for me are:

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs and half an avocado

Lunch: salad with avocado and some kind of protein; chicken, tuna, steak, fish

Dinner: if I have dinner it's a grilled protein and veggies

Snacks: mainly nuts, some type of jerky ( bacon is my favorite ) once my body is completely in Keto mode I will eat small portions of fruits for snacks...
                            I'm feeling this list also. I'm gonna win this fat war.[emoji817]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              I don't eat breakfast.

For lunch at home, I typically have a salad (mixed greens) with beef, venison, chicken or salmon or tuna, maybe some cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, nuts, etc. and blue cheese (or feta or cheddar), blue cheese or ranch dressing, with lots of olive oil. Or maybe I'll just fry some eggs in butter and cook some bacon or Canadian bacon or venison sausage (breakfast or German). If I'm at a restaurant, I'll have the same type of meat/salad if somewhere that has it. Or maybe BBQ ribs or brisket with salad, green beans, or whatever. If at a Mexican food place, I'll have carne guisada or street tacos or a chile relleno (egg battered, NOT breaded) with salad and guacamole instead of rice and beans. If at a chicken place, then grilled chicken and salad. Same stuff as home. Just skip all the potatoes, tortillas, bread, etc. that restaurants try to serve with everything.

For supper, it's the same type of stuff. I try to eat avocado and eggs most days, so if I didn't eat any of one of those for lunch, I try to incorporate it into my supper. Then I'll usually have some kind of fat bomb or berries and cream or something for desert.

I don't eat snacks between meals anymore. Before keto, I'd eat breakfast, snack at 10am, lunch, snack at 3pm, supper, snack later..... All those carbs from the "healthy low-fat" standard American diet kept me hungry all the time. On keto, I'm not hungry between meals, so no snacks.
                              Copy!!! My energy is HIGH but still kinda snacky....but not horrible. I'm getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                I don't eat breakfast.

Interesting. I do about the same. Only I eat breakfast about half the time. I snack like crazy. Usually pecans, pork rinds, sausage stick, etc. You're a little stricter than I am at this point regarding diet, maybe that's the difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X