Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Yall are right again!!!! Well I be danged...........i just looked at that. My college buddys wife loss big weight and that was a huge part of her plan. OK......in the TRASH!!! Guess i will stick with oatmeal.
    Oatmeal is a no go also. One serving is over your entire daily carb limit.

Think fat, fat, fat, fat, fat, fat, fat, protein, protein, prot, carb.

That's your ratio when you are eating.

Comment

Finally back into the 180s this morning.....less than 10 lbs to go now!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Lawdy, lawdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, i was getting wore out on scrambled cheese eggs, bacon.........but that works ..............i can work with it!

Comment

Finally back into the 180s this morning.....less than 10 lbs to go now!
          u are a complete BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lawdy, lawdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, i was getting wore out on scrambled cheese eggs, bacon.........but that works ..............i can work with it!
            It really is tough to wrap your head around in the beginning. It goes against everything we have been taught. I never would have gotten there without weighing/measuring everything and loading it into my app. Keep after it!

Comment

You can add a keto french toast for a change.

Aldi Keto bread
              Shop for vegan and keto friendly L’oven Fresh Zero Net Carbs Bread at ALDI. Discover quality bakery products at affordable prices when you shop at ALDI. Learn more.

Make or buy Keto syrup
              This keto maple syrup is a low carb and sugar free take on classic pancake syrup! Less than 1 gram carb and 10 calories per serving!

Butter

Not as good as my normal french toast, but a nice change

Comment

It really is tough to wrap your head around in the beginning. It goes against everything we have been taught. I never would have gotten there without weighing/measuring everything and loading it into my app. Keep after it!
                U got me pegged sir! This whole carb thing is my nemesis. I am used to avoiding sugar but not so much carbs. I am getting there though.
                Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                You can add a keto french toast for a change.

Aldi Keto bread
                Shop for vegan and keto friendly L’oven Fresh Zero Net Carbs Bread at ALDI. Discover quality bakery products at affordable prices when you shop at ALDI. Learn more.

Make or buy Keto syrup
                This keto maple syrup is a low carb and sugar free take on classic pancake syrup! Less than 1 gram carb and 10 calories per serving!

Butter

Not as good as my normal french toast, but a nice change
                i gonna pass on this one. I know i better not play in that sandbox.

Comment

Yall are right again!!!! Well I be danged...........i just looked at that. My college buddys wife loss big weight and that was a huge part of her plan. OK......in the TRASH!!! Guess i will stick with oatmeal.
                  Sorry, brutha. Oats are grain too. Lots of carbs in oatmeal as well.

If you eat breakfast, make it eggs and bacon or something like that.

I have eaten breakfast maybe 10 times in the last year. With time restricted eating and eating all my food in a 6-8 hour window, I just eat lunch and supper. Eating fat for fuel instead of carbs makes it easy. I first thought I'd be starving if I skipped breakfast. But I'm sitting here now waiting until 12:45 or my lunch appointment. I haven't eaten anything since 6:30 last night, and I don't really feel hungry right now, much less starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Sorry, brutha. Oats are grain too. Lots of carbs in oatmeal as well.

If you eat breakfast, make it eggs and bacon or something like that.

I have eaten breakfast maybe 10 times in the last year. With time restricted eating and eating all my food in a 6-8 hour window, I just eat lunch and supper. Eating fat for fuel instead of carbs makes it easy. I first thought I'd be starving if I skipped breakfast. But I'm sitting here now waiting until 12:45 or my lunch appointment. I haven't eaten anything since 6:30 last night, and I don't really feel hungry right now, much less starving.
                    I gotta get this part down THIS WEEK! I know the obvious carbs but not the random ones. I am going to be tight by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                      I watched a ton of Dr Bergs videos on YouTube when I first started a few years ago. He has everything from keto for beginners to opinions on certain foods & fasting. Great info. Another good watch is The Magic Pill on Netflix. Really gives a good overall broad view of the “why”. I was interested in keto but really dove in after watching this documentary.
                      Wow, wow, wow!!! That Netflix film was incredible sir. Totally made sense.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        And beware of stuff posted on front of packaging.

This is the back label off of a snack bar that claimed 1g carb on the front when it actually contains 13g. I have seen this done on many products.
                        Actually...erythritol is a sugar alcohol and its carbs do not count towards your carbs if that makes sense.It is a sweetener. The carbs from fiber is subtracted also. Fiber is not supposed to count toward your daily carb total or net carbs.

Comment

I'm stuck on 220-222 in weight. Did 6.5 miles fast walk yesterday morning. At 3 pm I did 8 or 9 miles on my mountain bike. Definitely eating better overall but still not in ketosis. Not upset as need new holes in my belts and Definitely look better, but gonna double up moving forward.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                          Catalina Crunch is a good keto cereal- they have it at Costco and sprouts, I use unsweetened coconut/almond milk with it.

Comment

I did keto first 2 years but the wife kicked me off of it. She got tired of shopping and meal planning for 2 diets.

I’m back on it though. CoVid added more weight than I’d like, and my migraines have returned (didn’t have any on Keto). I always felt awesome when on Keto, and I had been feeling really fatigued and crappy over the holidays. No matter how much or little sleep I was getting I just felt like I was dragging through the day. Now, only a little over a week into being back keto and I’m already waking up with more energy and mental acuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stump View Post
                              Actually...erythritol is a sugar alcohol and its carbs do not count towards your carbs if that makes sense.It is a sweetener. The carbs from fiber is subtracted also. Fiber is not supposed to count toward your daily carb total or net carbs.
                              Yep. The body literally won't digest insoluble fiber and erythritol, so it doesn't count in your totals. If you did count fiber as a carb then most veggies would be out of bounds.

Comment

Here's a pretty good article on total carbs vs. net carbs, etc...

If you're new to keto, there are lots of numbers to figure out. We tackle the difference between net carbs and total carbs and which to count for keto.

Comment

Working...
                                X