No announcement yet.

PSA - Don't leave anything in your truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a good buddy have his F-150 stolen out of that parking lot in 2010. They are well aware of the trash that sits and waits to do something like that. They didn't have cameras then, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have cameras now. A thief is the worst kind of person!

Comment

Sorry again to hear that Danny! Sucks to lose the laptop,but glad they didn't , but glad they didn't get the beast! As much as you have put into that sucker last year, that would have been a world class nutkick.

Any damage to your lock areas that showed forced entry? or did they have coded remotes?

Comment

Yup, mine got hit around New Years in San Antonio, I didn’t have anything to steal in there, but the guy popped the locking mechanism and was in and out of my truck in a matter of 2 minutes.

Comment

Hate a thief! Sad that folks can't rely on locked doors anymore.

Comment

People will look at me weird but I've been known to take my laptop backpack into a store with me if I've got to stop off somewhere on my way home from work. After years of reading these threads y'all have me well conditioned to never leave anything I'm not willing to lose in my vehicle.

Sorry this happened...and even more sorry we have to work so hard to keep other people honest

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Sorry again to hear that Danny! Sucks to lose the laptop,but glad they didn't , but glad they didn't get the beast! As much as you have put into that sucker last year, that would have been a world class nutkick.

Any damage to your lock areas that showed forced entry? or did they have coded remotes?
              They punched the door lock.
              Very glad they didn't take the Beast!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                My 05 didn't have any working keyholes when I was done with it. Stuff that makes you mad.

Comment

2001 f350 opens up with a screw driver faster than a key. They target these because they are easy targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    My 05 didn't have any working keyholes when I was done with it. Stuff that makes you mad.
                    That is on the list to get done. There won't be any door handles with keyholes in the near future. Also getting the key-fobs working again and an alarm installed.

Comment

Had a similar punch in each front door. Would love to knee cap that trash in the act.

Glad they left the truck.

Comment

Very common on Fords. They make devices to stop it somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          Very common on Fords. They make devices to stop it somewhat.
                          yep.......lotta people lining up for hell.

Comment

I've gotten to where I just leave the doors unlocked and nothing in the vehicle. My truck was gone through over the holidays right here in my driveway. They were looking for vehicles that were unlocked and taking anything valuable. Lots of us in the neighborhood got them on camera but they are wearing masks and hoodies and glasses so good luck right. My neighbor is religious about keeping his truck locked but didn't that night for whatever reason and he is now short a pistol. My biggest problem was cleaning up all the napkins in the floor that were in my glove box.

Thieves suck.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                              You couldn't pay me enough to work/live in a big city.
                              Same.

Sorry that happened OP!!

Comment

Hold the dang phone.

People eat dinner at Chili's?

Sorry about your truck.

Get a console vault installed if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X