No announcement yet.

Sam Houston NF 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted three different areas the past two days..didnt see a thing moving during the day. Did see a nice buck that was brought to the cleaning station at Equestrian hunters camp on Wednesday morning.

I been hunting at least a day or two per week for the past couple of months, have nothing to show. maybe next week.

Comment

Went out today - both my plan A & B entrance points had trucks parked - I went to plan C and went in less distance than I had planed due to the time I arrived - didn't see anything but I did try out my new tree saddle (Treehopper tree saddle/sling) it's pretty comfortable ... don't know if I'll be keeping my Summit Viper - it's that comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
        What time did you catch them moving? 11am to 3pm? thanks
        For me that flurry of activity was from 10:00 to 1:00.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
          That sucks man, I've been seeing at least a few does and a hog or two mixed in most every sit. If you want to go try and get a doe during muzzleloader season send me a PM.
          Very nice gesture on your end. I have never hunted with a muzzle loader before. Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

Anyone been to forest and seen anything?!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

I was out scouting yesterday morning. Had a few spots I found on maps that looked interesting. Too thick in there to get to any of them, tried a few different approach angles. Did see some good sized tracks in an area I wouldn't hunt, but lost them in the pine needles.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                I was out scouting yesterday morning. Had a few spots I found on maps that looked interesting. Too thick in there to get to any of them, tried a few different approach angles. Did see some good sized tracks in an area I wouldn't hunt, but lost them in the pine needles.

99% of the areas I’ve scouted out there. Any areas open enough to hunt are covered in people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The guys from "The Element" did a video on the Sam last night. I watched a little of it and saw them scanning around on some of the areas I hunt. Just praying they didn't drop any pins too close.

Comment

YouTube, or where can I see this video?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

The guys from "The Element" did a video on the Sam last night. I watched a little of it and saw them scanning around on some of the areas I hunt. Just praying they didn't drop any pins too close.

Love those dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YHnj0izgbI"]SAM HOUSTON NATIONAL FOREST | We Found Good Deer Sign! - YouTube[/ame]

I just watched them for the first time. They are okay. I have said since hunting E. Texas, it is the hardest place to hunt deer. Saying that, I hunted SHNF for years and beginning with the second season, I was very successful and I loved the challenge. BTW, the GW would light these guys up for hunting and not wearing hunter orange. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          SAM HOUSTON NATIONAL FOREST | We Found Good Deer Sign! - YouTube

I just watched them for the first time. They are okay. I have said since hunting E. Texas, it is the hardest place to hunt deer. Saying that, I hunted SHNF for years and beginning with the second season, I was very successful and I loved the challenge. BTW, the GW would light these guys up for hunting and not wearing hunter orange. LOL.

Yeah, in some clips they attempt to wear "orange" and in others not so much. Of course, I never see them wear orange in their Texas public land deer hunting videos either. I understand not every place it is required but ....

Comment

I have been listening to them for years and watching their YouTube videos as well. I think it's safe to say they're not really that interested in hunting many of the spots they do the scouting videos on here in Texas at least. Now that they're bigger on social media and they're sponsored, their focus is on midwest states. They are also developing their private properties as well. I think Tyler shot a really nice one on his place last year.
                            You definitely won't bump into them in October, and in November I doubt they would want to be on a national forest for rifle season.
                            The areas they showed might get a little extra pressure if people watch the video and actually try to hunt the spots - I think most people have the thought of saving the pin, and maybe trying to hunt it a couple seasons down the line when everyone forgets about the video and the spots given.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                              I have been listening to them for years and watching their YouTube videos as well. I think it's safe to say they're not really that interested in hunting many of the spots they do the scouting videos on here in Texas at least. Now that they're bigger on social media and they're sponsored, their focus is on midwest states. They are also developing their private properties as well. I think Tyler shot a really nice one on his place last year.
                              You definitely won't bump into them in October, and in November I doubt they would want to be on a national forest for rifle season.
                              The areas they showed might get a little extra pressure if people watch the video and actually try to hunt the spots - I think most people have the thought of saving the pin, and maybe trying to hunt it a couple seasons down the line when everyone forgets about the video and the spots given.
                              I'm not sure the size of their reach honestly. I do know you hear about places the THP guys hunt being bombarded afterward and that's with them not getting all that specific on locations. I don't think the Sam will become a destination hunt and as long as they don't drop a pin right on me I ain't skurr'd

Comment

I'm not sure the size of their reach honestly. I do know you hear about places the THP guys hunt being bombarded afterward and that's with them not getting all that specific on locations. I don't think the Sam will become a destination hunt and as long as they don't drop a pin right on me I ain't skurr'd
                                Yeah, they’re no where near that big. About 15k subs vs 380k subs for THP. The Element have an appeal to Texas, and just last year I feel like really broke into the midwest scene. In a few years and a few more states and that could change. I wasn’t real impressed with the spots they showed in the video. I think there are better spots they didn’t show. Idk if that was on purpose or lack of time. I sure hope your spot wasn’t the one with the gravity feeder LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X