Help with Dads Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Dads Ranger

My dad has a 2013 Polaris ranger 500 midsize. He had a couple extra lights on the top that was being powered from the 12 V auxiliary plug. He was disconnecting them and saw a big spark. Since that happened no power to the dash or switch. Can fine 12V power in a lot of places, can crossover the solenoid and the starter turns over. Would love to know how to check the ECM and the PDM without replacing these expensive parts? My only other options are to take it to a dealer to have it looked at. So my other question is has anyone dealt with the service department of Hoffpauir in Burnet or Goldthwaite? I really don’t want to go to Marble Falls or Austin, I’ve never had a real good feeling with those guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Check all fuses first might be as easy as a fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All the fuses that I can find are good. But I do not know how to test the little square relays with prongs and they are all the same? Also the brake pedal relay test good with Continuity.

Comment

O well thought I would try, tt

Comment

Search online for manual or wiring diagram.

Circuit breaker near battery on those?

Don't give up so easy

Comment

Dad found the wiring diagram online so I’m heading over this morning to look at it. And when you say circuit breaker would that be the same as a electric control module that has like a 20 pin connector on it? Because that’s the $500 part I would love to test. Thanks for the input because I’m not gonna give up easily.

Comment

To check relays there's 2 ways I know of.
              1) take known good relay put in slot you want to check, check function.

2) take relay you want to check put in known good spot

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe go look at prc ranger club site. I have learned a lot over there.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                  Dad found the wiring diagram online so I’m heading over this morning to look at it. And when you say circuit breaker would that be the same as a electric control module that has like a 20 pin connector on it? Because that’s the $500 part I would love to test. Thanks for the input because I’m not gonna give up easily.
                  Circuit breaker will have power going in and power coming out and probably a push button to reset. Kind of like GFI plug

ECM is a totally different thing

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                    All the fuses that I can find are good. But I do not know how to test the little square relays with prongs and they are all the same? Also the brake pedal relay test good with Continuity.
                    I have a bobcat 3400 (polaris everywhere except plastics) there is a big fuse under the hood that will cause that. Fuse popped and my dash panel display quit. Id bet that's your problem. Replaced the fuse and that was it.
                    Last edited by Jon B; 10-20-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X