Pack the supreme court!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
    When it was set at 9 there were 38 million Americans. There are 330 million now. There needs to be more Justices...15.
    Makes zero sense. Why not 90 judges since there is 10x more people now? The judges aren’t a representation of numbers in population. Maybe you can find an online civics class to help you out

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
      I believe Stacking the Court would ruin the judicial branch.

Where would it stop?

I do agree that the Republicans should have taken a better offensive strategy for this election.

IMO, I would have liked every Republican running for office to pull out Newt Gingrich's play book and make a deal with America. They would sign their name to a ticket to promise the following if they win and gain a super majority:

1. Immediate term limits to all members of congress.
      2. Congress shall use the same healthcare as all other federal employees.
      3. Pass a law that the Supreme Court will remain at 9 members.
      4. National voting rules on all federal elections.
      5. A loss of electoral votes based on the number of illegal aliens you provide sanctuary in your state.

And that would be a good start.
      I like these 5 rules but I would add a 6th to cut pensions for congress and senate. It should not be sought out as a position to gain personal wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Justices don't represent people. The House of Representatives does.
        Originally posted by LWC View Post
        Makes zero sense. Why not 90 judges since there is 10x more people now? The judges aren’t a representation of numbers in population. Maybe you can find an online civics class to help you out

PLEASE guys, don't fall for this! This troll is just baiting you... You have all seen his drivel before, pretty much every post he's ever made here. He adds nothing to this forum.

The thing is he's just like the others who troll these forums, if you ignore him and just do not respond to him, he will go away... Even trolls don't like arguing with themselves and they get their kicks out of getting under your skin...

Comment

Where would it stop?

I do agree that the Republicans should have taken a better offensive strategy for this election.

IMO, I would have liked every Republican running for office to pull out Newt Gingrich's play book and make a deal with America. They would sign their name to a ticket to promise the following if they win and gain a super majority:

5. A loss of electoral votes based on the number of illegal aliens you provide sanctuary in your state.

This makes much more sense.

Im 100% against court packing by anyone.

Comment

Where would it stop?

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            This makes much more sense.

Im 100% against court packing by anyone.

Yea except much of it is unconstitutional...
            3. Would need to be a Constitutional amendment to be a "permanent" fix. Right now congress can change the number of SCOTUS justices by vote, and if the DemoKrauts get the House AND Senate, the very first thing they will do is abolish the Filibuster in the Senate so that a simple majority (50/50 plus the VP tie breaker) can pass any legislation. This would open the door to allow the DemoKrauts to do anything, pass any law they want to pass and nothing the minority party can do about it. The first thing they'd do after abolishing the Filibuster, is to then pack the court with a bunch of political hack DemoKraut Justices (like the ones they had in the 9th circuit before Trump began replacing the retiring/dying judges there with conservative judges). Then with a packed SCOTUS, they would not even worry about the Constitution... our Bill or Rights would be rendered useless along with the 2nd Amendment which was created specifically to keep us from allowing this sort of take-over...

Voting regulations are a right expressly given to the States by the Constitution. That would require an amendment. 3 above would have to be successful in order to get close to being able to do this.
            5. Also regulated by the States base on population of "citizens", no allowance for dilution by illegals or any other group of non-citizens... again a Constitutional amendment required...
            Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 10-16-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Justices don't represent people. The House of Representatives does.
              Who do they represent? Shouldn’t the courts be a slice of America?
              What the Republicans have done is PACKING the courts. That’s ok though, if Biden wins, he will add Justices and introduce legislation on term limits.

Comment

lol...

Comment

Somebody hear a stuffed turkey gobble??

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    Let's take the offense instead of reacting to what the libs do. When Trump wins, gain more seats in the Senate and hopefully win back the House, why the heck don't we add 6 more SCJ? That would be 15 total, 12 to 3. This would even negate Roberts. I have said all along that we need to stomp on them until they stop moving, figuratively, of course. I am tired of playing nice with the POS Democratic party, whose goal is to ruin this country. Let's put them out of business.
                    I like the way you think!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                      I like the way you think!!!
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
                        When it was set at 9 there were 38 million Americans. There are 330 million now. There needs to be more Justices...15.
                        this is why there is this thing called CIRCUIT COURTS, just saying.

Comment

Working...
                        X