question for GS,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for GS,

If you found an item on facebook market for 400, and offered 350, and he accepted it, schedualed pickup ,date and time, then comes back and says, i got a guy willing to pay full price.. Unless i match he will go with the other guy..
    I would have paid 400 anyway for the item...

WHAT IS RIGHT, WHAT WOULD YOU DO??
    Last edited by day0082; 07-04-2019, 12:02 AM. Reason: remove wording

Heck that even happens here

Comment

Character...
      Boo..
      Carma
      Seen his profile on fb and i may have this wrong, looks like a legit guy, in a hard time.
      I maybe wrong, guy says just lost job, has a nice family profile on fb.
      Still ,hard to swallow..

Comment

question for GS,

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
        Character...
        Boo..
        Carma
        Seen his profile on fb and i may have this wrong, looks like a legit guy, in a hard time.
        I maybe wrong, guy says just lost job, has a nice family profile on fb.
        Still ,hard to swallow..

Offer the 400 if he’s on hard times and you were willing to pay it anyway.

50 bucks is nothing if you were willing to pay it anyway but will mean a lot more to the guy who really needs the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 07-04-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

If the situation was perfect, I would walk away because he did that. But since he did loose his job and every bit helps, I might double think giving the full price. In all practicality, there is no "contract" so a firm price can be changed by either party. It's just a "how bad do you want it" deal sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Offer the 400 if he’s on hard times and you where willing to pay it anyway.

50 bucks is nothing if you were willing to pay it anyway but will mean a lot more to the guy who really needs the money.

All ready did, but, isn't a price a bond if it is agreed on?? I would have payed the full price if they are new tires, his has a 100 or so miles.
            It is no the money, it is the deal made,between us both, a bond??
            You are on the break agreement side??

Remind me not to buy from you..

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
              All ready did, but, isn't a price a bond if it is agreed on?? I would have payed the full price if they are new tires, his has a 100 or so miles.

It is no the money, it is the deal made,between us both, a bond??

You are on the break agreement side??

Remind me not to buy from you..

Remind me not to buy from you..[/QUOTE]

I think he made the better deal if that’s your response from my post. I personally wouldn’t take a penny more on a deal I agreed on.

Comment

If you want it for $400 pay it. If not, move on. But either way I wouldn’t get too worked up over the morals or lack thereof of some random dude off Facebook.

Comment

The Joy's of dealing with people. If that was done to me I would not even respond to his message. Hard times or not, agree to something and honor your agreement.

We are typically looking in the classifieds for deals. Otherwise buying new has protection built in. I want to get to the lowest price with as little interaction as possible, agree to the price, exchange goods and move on. I dont want my time wasted in this back and forth bs manner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

No Deal for me. Don't care what his story is. People can make up stories and have nice family photos. No need to creep on the guys profile. Even the Clinton's have nice family photos.......

He broke the agreement, it's gonna stay broke.
                    It's a sale, not an auction to the highest bidder.

Comment

I'd walk away.. to me it's just like someone who offers 60 percent of asking price. Low ball me and I'll keep what I have for sale ..

Comment

You agreed to buy it and he agreed on the price. The deal was made. He broke the agreement. I dont care how broke you are, or how bad yiu need the money, a deal is a deal. If it wasnt enough he shouldnt have agreed on the price.

Personally I wouldnt offer more after he broke the deal regardless of actual value. I wont knowingly deal with people that wont honor their word.

Comment

It is what it is...integrity apparently is dead and buried.

Comment

It happens on FB. Personally, if I made a deal I would stick to it, even if I was offered more.

If I was in your position, I would ask myself 3 questions, how good of a deal is it at 400, how bad do I want it, and how often do I see the item for sale? Depending on those answers, I would decide.

It is good to have principles, but not everyone does. I would not cut off my nose to spite my face.

Comment

Some people say that when they really don't have another offer just to try to squeeze more out of you. Car Salesman Tactics.

I've had it happen and a week later I see the same wheels still for sale. He didn't really have another offer and came crawling back to me and my offer. I needed the wheels and he needed the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X