Any New Good Podcast Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nova View Post
    What is the best way to listen to or download podcast on android? Is there an app?
    Is use an app called Stitcher

Comment

John Clay Wolfe show is a Saturday morning comedy radio show available on podcast. I love the show, pretty edgy. I think everyone should give it a listen. Won’t be for everyone for sure.

Comment

Try Maybe God. Specifically the podcast titled “Are Near Death Experiences Real”. Pretty interesting stuff, whether you believe or not.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
          I got tired of hearing the same stuff just regurgitated in another way from Rinella.

Hardcore history
          Hardcore history addendum
          Casefile
          Dark topic
          The Rubin Report
          How I heard it with Mike Rowe
          Meat Eater Podcast has gone downhill lately...it used to be one of my favorites

Comment

Murder Book by Michael Connolly was good

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              In the Dark, Season 2. It's a podcast about a killing in Mississippi where the accused, Curtis Flowers, has been tried for the same crime 6 times! It's about 15 or so hours of listening, but it's dang good.
              This podcast was very maddening. Poor ol Curtis was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of these crime podcasts have been very eye opening for me. Growing up, I assumed that the police and the DA did their job to the best of their ability and pursued justice. It seems that is not the case all of the time. A lot of times these DA's and some police are in a game of win at ALL costs. If you are the unlucky sucker that they decide to make a case on, there is about a 99% chance you are going to prison. Because like me, most jurors assume that if the DA and the police say something, it is true. I'm sure that most folks in prison are guilty, but listening to these podcasts will also show you that there probably are a lot that aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Meat Eater Podcast has gone downhill lately...it used to be one of my favorites
                Curious to hear your thoughts on how it's gone downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by gonecoastal View Post
                  Curious to hear your thoughts on how it's gone downhill.
                  It's still enjoyable and worth a listen but the episodes just doesn't seem as focused as they used to be IMO. Maybe its because they are pumping out episodes more often but they seem more rambling to me than focused on a single topic or guest's story

Comment

It's still enjoyable and worth a listen but the episodes just doesn't seem as focused as they used to be IMO. Maybe its because they are pumping out episodes more often but they seem more rambling to me than focused on a single topic or guest's story
                    I agree. I think one of the culprits is the live podcasts. They have been successful selling tickets to those, so they think the format is how the podcast should go with taking listeners emails and addressing them. There is nothing wrong with that format, but it was better when they did it once per quarter than when they do it every other show.

I am sure that there is some amount of running out of core issues to address though.

I still listen weekly, though. Last week's podcast with Bo Jackson was very good.

Comment

Fair enough. I agree with that. It did seem like the episodes were more well arranged when they were every other week.

Comment

Feedbandit

Comment

Unashamed
                          Houndman XP

Gonna have to check out that Texas history one listed

Comment

I listen to a bunch mentioned like Rogan, MeatEater, KifaruCast, Hunt Talk with Randy Newberg, etc.

I also listen to The Lone Star outdoor Show with Cable Smith, Restless Native with Brad Luttrell (Co-Founder of the GoWild App), The Hunting Collective, Wired to Hunt with Mark Kenyon (under the MeatEater umbrella), The Hunting Dog Podcast and It Could Happen Here.

I drive all over Texas for work so I have a lot of time to listen.

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

In addition to what has already been mentioned:

Hunt Talk Radio
                                Dr. Death about a neurosurgeon in Dallas
                                Dirty John
                                The Shrink Next Door
                                Up and Vanished Season 1
                                Freakanomics
                                Good One a podcast about jokes

Also, most churches post there sermons as podcasts

Comment

Working...
                                X