Isn’t family great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn’t family great?

Well our lease owner recently had a health scare and was in the hospital for about a week. Luckily he pulled through and is doing great. He realized he’s getting old and decided to hand over the ownership of all his ranches to his daughter (who has never wanted anything to do with any of his ranches) before something happens again. A week after giving them to her, my dad gets a call from her husband today telling us that we need to get all of our stuff off of the place.

Sucks. We’ve been on The place for 5 years and taken some nice nilgai, decent deer, and had plenty of good times Out there.

That sucks man...Doesnt she have to let your lease run out before she can boot you?

Comment

Sucks but blood is thicker than water

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        That sucks man...Doesnt she have to let your lease run out before she can boot you?
        We don’t pay for the lease till July. The guy isn’t very strict with us regarding pretty much anything. As long as he got his money, it was our place to enjoy.

Comment

Well, at least she had balls enough to get HER HUSBAND to call........

Comment

Probably figure they can get alot more money, whether they can or not.

Comment

Almost the same thing happened to us in Doss a couple years ago. I heard that the son has leased to place out again to his buddies. Sucked but we ended up with a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We may have a spot coming available on the 7000 acre lease i'm on in Starr...all up in the air right now.

PM me if interested & I'll let you know as we get closer. Usually pay right around Labor Day.

Comment

Only one way to guarantee you don't end up in your present situation

Buy you a place of your own

Daughter may start selling off if she truly does not want anything to do them.

Been in your shoes myself, just hope as this door closes a better one opens

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Only one way to guarantee you don't end up in your present situation

Buy you a place of your own

Daughter may start selling off if she truly does not want anything to do them.

Been in your shoes myself, just hope as this door closes a better one opens

True, but I’ll never be able to buy 3000ac. My 40ac just isn’t the same as a big deer lease with all my buddies.

Comment

It does suck. Just be happy you had 5 good years.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        True, but I’ll never be able to buy 3000ac. My 40ac just isn’t the same as a big deer lease with all my buddies.

Won't argue that

Comment

Leave it better than you found it and try to not be bitter.
                          Most of us that have leased have had the rug yanked out from under us.
                          Sucks.

Revisit this thread in 2 years.
                          I bet a donut you'll have a place just as good or better.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

I see the buy your own lease comment often, and your response is my exact sentiment towards a lease. A good camp life with friends is just as important as the actual hunting IMO.

Comment

Family is great, that is for sure.

Sorry your family didnt give you a ranch. Maybe you could buy a ranch and leave it to your children when you pass. Or would you give it to the leasees?

Comment

Working...
                              X