X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxation is theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      I may stop selling directly out of state if I have to remit to every liv'n state tax authority!!!
      At one of the state's early pushes[90's] to make sure all dealers at gun shows collected sales a state tax person worked at a dealers tables from AL that weekend to make sure the taxes were collected, even counted it twice to make sure the correct amount of taxes were collected. Then he just left.

Dealer went back to AL and gave the money to his lawyer to make sure they were paid properly. Turned out due to the constitution there wasn't any legal way to pay or collect those taxes across a state line. I'm guessing the new court ruling fixed this glitch ????.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        should help the mom & pop stores by making their prices more competitive.
        This!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
          I'm ambivalent on the deal. I can't say yes and I can't say no. Well, I might say maybe.

Isn’t that a country song?

Comment

I’ve been to trade shows in other states and had their taxing authorities start demanding I file regular returns. Michigan for example requires monthly tax returns. No little guy like me could keep up with it all. It took years to get off their radar in a couple cases.

I’ve decided to stop selling out of Texas directly. It isn’t worth the time I’d have to spend complying with each little tax fiefdom.

I have wholesalers on Amazon for out of state sales.

Comment

I may stop selling directly out of state if I have to remit to every liv'n state tax authority!!!
              I've done quite a bit of research on this and in all states but Kansas, your gross sales have to be at least 100,000 or 100 transactions to that state before you have to pay sales tax. Some states it's 200,000+ and 200 transactions. In Kansas though there is no limit so you have to pay sales tax to Kansas on every sale to Kansas. I doubt your selling that much to states outside of Texas and Kansas so you don't have to pay sales tax to those states. Please note that I could be wrong so don't take this as fact, it's just what I found and I do believe I'm correct but I'm not 100% positive.

Comment

I’ve been to trade shows in other states and had their taxing authorities start demanding I file regular returns. Michigan for example requires monthly tax returns. No little guy like me could keep up with it all. It took years to get off their radar in a couple cases.

I’ve decided to stop selling out of Texas directly. It isn’t worth the time I’d have to spend complying with each little tax fiefdom.

Any time you get a tax ID for a state, they are going to be on you to file even if you don't have a sale in that time period. From what I've seen, even if you don't have sale in the state you have a tax ID in, they still require you to file a return.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                  I've done quite a bit of research on this and in all states but Kansas, your gross sales have to be at least 100,000 or 100 transactions to that state before you have to pay sales tax. Some states it's 200,000+ and 200 transactions. In Kansas though there is no limit so you have to pay sales tax to Kansas on every sale to Kansas. I doubt your selling that much to states outside of Texas and Kansas so you don't have to pay sales tax to those states. Please note that I could be wrong so don't take this as fact, it's just what I found and I do believe I'm correct but I'm not 100% positive.
                  Even under the new ruling handed down from SCOTUS? I sure hope you are right about that.

Comment

Even under the new ruling handed down from SCOTUS? I sure hope you are right about that.
                    Check out this link. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#13064c515cfb

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      A state files a lawsuit and you call it a federal thing because it passed through federal court on the way to SCOTUS. If that works for you, but I’d call it a distortion. No federal entity acted except when bound to after being asked, but hey, you’re entitled to think what you want.
                      By that logic everything that SCOTUS hears is a “federal thing,” which makes the term meaningless because it distinguishes nothing.
                      SCOTUS is Federal. All court cases start at the local level, and eventually get raised to SCOTUS if the parties elect to bring it to SCOTUS, AND SCOTUS accepts.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        SCOTUS is Federal. All court cases start at the local level, and eventually get raised to SCOTUS if the parties elect to bring it to SCOTUS, AND SCOTUS accepts.

AND the decision that the SCOTUS returned affected all 50 states... I'd call that pretty dang "federal"...
                        BUT my point originally was Abbott didn't have a thing to do with it... Some people just got to be right or argue more about it...

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                          Thanks

Comment

What if you live here in the states. But your company is overseas and ships to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              AND the decision that the SCOTUS returned affected all 50 states... I'd call that pretty dang "federal"...
                              BUT my point originally was Abbott didn't have a thing to do with it... Some people just got to be right or argue more about it...
                              Well if the federal part is the SCOTUS decision then your Obama comment makes no sense. I think you’ve now talked yourself in a complete circle!
                              Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

Sell on EBay. They collect the taxes for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X