Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My head was still pounding when I woke up this morning. I took some aleve and went back to bed. I'm pretty sure its my allergies acting up as usual for this time of year. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      A little trick I learned from Athlean X on getting the form down on any kind of squat: Before you load up on the bar for the exercise, grab a single, fairly light, dumbbell vertically by one end (I usually use a 20#). Situate your legs and rest your arms straight down. Squat down letting the other end of the dumbbell lower straight to the floor. This makes you pivot your waist and not your back. I haven't had any back issues, from squats, since doing this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
      Great to know.

I actually just found his videos a couple of days ago and started watching them. Will have to watch that one

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Great to know.

I actually just found his videos a couple of days ago and started watching them. Will have to watch that one
        He posts 2 videos a week to YouTube and has instruction videos on his workout plans. I'll try to locate it and post a link, if it's on YouTube. He uses something else to post workout videos, and I don't think they can be shared since it's a paid program.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Arms completamunto

80 mins, 923 cals, and 132 BPRM

Warm up --> 1.5 miles in 12m10s
          Workout --> Arms and core (only 3 exercises in core because I slept like complete **** and hate my life lol)
          Cool Down --> 1 mile in 7m33s

Headed to the lease so tomorrow will be a rest day minus the part of filling feeders, setting up tripods, and putting up a feeder.

Sunday shall be chest which I am excited for after watching Athlean and some form/exercises not to do videos

Comment

I forgot about this thread! I’m training for a triathlon in two weeks. I’ve definitely built up the stamina, it’s just the inexperience that I need to overcome. In the past 50 days I’ve run a total of 34 miles, biked over 200, and swam over 7. I am a lean mean fat burning machine....I’m just slow. Lol. That’s okay. This is about kicking my own ***, not everyone else’s.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              I forgot about this thread! I’m training for a triathlon in two weeks. I’ve definitely built up the stamina, it’s just the inexperience that I need to overcome. In the past 50 days I’ve run a total of 34 miles, biked over 200, and swam over 7. I am a lean mean fat burning machine....I’m just slow. Lol. That’s okay. This is about kicking my own ***, not everyone else’s.
              Good luck and kick some arse

Comment

Well.... Ate like crap the last 48 hours.....

Yesterday was a rest day but was able to get the final touch ups for the lease which was a plus.

Knocked out a good one today though.

110mins, 1402 cals, and 140bpm

Warm up- 3.25 miles in 28 mins
                Chest phase 2 plus BB Bench added
                Cool down was 25 mins on the stairs

Tomorrow is back and core sense I missed it today

Comment

Back, core and cardio done this AM.

82 mins, 1035 cals, 138BPM

Warm up --> 2 miles in 16 mins flat
                  Workout --> Back (Phase 2 and added Single arm pull downs) plus core
                  Cool Down --> 1 mile in 10 mins

Feet are starting to hurt so might have to back off the running for a day

Tomorrow is arms

Comment

My head finally quit pounding enough to make gym this morning. Dadgum ragweed was kicking my arse. First day back since last Monday so I took it kinda light and more reps. Back and legs supersets.

T-bar row/seated calf raise
                    Bilateral lat pulldown/hack squat
                    Neutral grip lat pulldown/leg extension
                    Low row/ball slam

Comment

Well.... Woke up 55 mins late but still made it in for a quick session. Feet are feeling rough so just jumped on the skeeter instead of any running.

630 cals, 58 mins, and 126 BPM

Warm up --> 10 mins on the Skeeter
                      Workout --> Arms Phase 2 plus added Spider Curl//DB Overhead ext
                      Cool Down --> 5 mins on the Skeeter and Cable Iso Curls to failure

Tried to limit all rest b/w sets to 20-30 seconds to try and keep the Heart Rate decent since I didn't do normal cardio.

Comment

Chest day is all I had time for today. 3 heavy sets each and finished each with a strip set. I'm gonna regret/love it later.

Bench press
                        Incline bench press
                        Seated wide grip chest press
                        Incline DB fly
                        Incline DB chest press/neutral grip
                        Cable fly
                        Incline situp
                        Cable rotation
                        Ab roller

Tomorrow is leg day.

Comment

Also, trying to really hit counting Macros hard and had a eye opener on my morning smoothie that is packed with protein is also packed with sugar
                          Thought I was being healthy but looks like a change is in order.
                          Meal prepped lunch for today and tomorrow with Chicken, black beans, and cilantro rice

Set a goal yesterday to lose 27 pounds by December 18th (turning 27). If I can go into the new year strong I feel like it could be a game changer. Also striving for Sober October but ACL with a bunch of friends is this weekend.. That'll be a tough one

Comment

Had a couple of really great sessions Monday and Tuesday. Best I've had in months. Monday was snatch work and Tuesday was clean and jerk work. Following this program.....

Day 1 Exercise Max% Sets Reps
                            A Snatch From HIp 40 1 5
                            50 1 5
                            60 1 4
                            65 1 3
                            70 1 2
                            B Snatch W/ Pause above knee (2s) 2RM x 2
                            C Snatch Pull Pause at Knee (6s) 80 1 3
                            90 3 2
                            D Snatch Push Press + OH squat 50 1 4+1
                            60 2 3+1
                            65 2 3+1

Day 2 Exercise Max% Sets Reps
                            A Press From Split 40 1 5
                            50 1 4
                            60 2 3
                            B Jerk 50 1 3
                            60 1 3
                            70 3 3
                            C Clean w/ Pause above Knee 1RM x 1
                            D Clean Pull 90 2 3

Day 3 Exercise Max% Sets Reps
                            A Snatch Push Press 40 1 3
                            50 1 3
                            60 3 3
                            B Snatch + OHS 2+2RM x 2+2
                            C Snatch High Pull from above knee 90 3 3
                            D Snatch Deadlift 95 3 5
                            E Front Squat 70 5 5

Day 4 Exercise Max% Sets Reps
                            A Jerk +OH Split Squat 50 -60 3 3
                            B Clean and Jerk 60 1 3+3
                            70 1 2+2
                            80 3 2+2
                            C Back Squat 3s pause 3RM x x
                            D Back Squat 10s pause 1RM x x
                            E Clean from Hip 60 1 3
                            70 3 3
                            80 1 3
                            80+ 2 2

Plus I add in chest/back on day 1 and shoulders/arms on day 2 plus daily abs.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Also, trying to really hit counting Macros hard and had a eye opener on my morning smoothie that is packed with protein is also packed with sugar
                              Thought I was being healthy but looks like a change is in order.
                              Meal prepped lunch for today and tomorrow with Chicken, black beans, and cilantro rice

Set a goal yesterday to lose 27 pounds by December 18th (turning 27). If I can go into the new year strong I feel like it could be a game changer. Also striving for Sober October but ACL with a bunch of friends is this weekend.. That'll be a tough one

Be careful of those smoothies 150. They sound healthy and are pact full of sugar, as you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                Be careful of those smoothies 150. They sound healthy and are pact full of sugar, as you stated.
                                Yep. I started counting the g's of sugar and was really caught off guard with it almost completely being fruit and some greek yogurt...

Switching back to a protein shake and a banana for no on (forgot the protein shake today....)

Slept in again for some reason but Shoulders and Core completed this AM.

58 mins, 642 cals, and 127 BPM.

Warm up --> 10 mins on the skeeter
                                Workout --> Shoulders (phase 2) plus DB shrugs and DB overhead press added and core was mixed in
                                Cool down --> Nada. Tried to keep the workout part at a higher intensity

I am trying to get away from having to do 30 mins of cardio by itself and just incorporate it b/w sets. I will be incorporating sprints every other day pretty soon though. Goal is to maintain above 135BPM and keep my workouts around 60 mins.

Comment

Working...
                                X