"Best for the money" protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's a heated topic, so sorry ahead of time...

But what would you guys suggest on a good protein for the money? I would be buying a pallet of sacks at a time, I don't have anywhere to store bulk. Temple area, something I can get close by.

Thanks

truthfully the top brands are very similar in makeup - IMO you will not see a huge difference between them - especially if fed in small quantities.

More important is to provide enough quantity of whatever supplemental feed you end up using -just filling a single feeder with protein is a waste of money on a small property surrounded by other hunters or on an unmanaged property.

Unless you hunt where you can let your deer get age on them without getting killed by neighbors I would not mess with protein personally

Comment

I think your local options will be Temple or Belton Feed, so I'd see what they have available. I can't remember what brands they stock.

Comment

I agree, try the feed stores. I'm a little new to all the protein stuff as well but what I have read or seen is you will need to also find out which one works the best in your area. The deer can be picky so what may work in one area could possibly not work in another. Brown's feed in Lampasas isn't bad, just be sure to quote for the % as well. I haven't tried Belton or Temple feed but they should be able to give you some guidance.

Comment

If you could do bulk cotton seed would by my choice on price per pound

Comment

Cheapest? Acorns or mesquite beans.

Comment

Working...
            X