"Angelo Pellets" protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Angelo Pellets" protein?

I hunt near Rocksprings. Coubtry Boys' Feed in town carries "Angelo Pellets" protein. They have 16% and 20% with trace minerals. Looks to be decent stuff. Anyone have any experience with this brand? It's manufactured in San Angelo (hence the name) and their website has all the facts about each feed. More interested in if the deer eat it, like it, and how it holds up in a feeder.

It's is by far the most convenient protein for me to use and is priced well at $9.50/50# for the 16%. ($11.20 for 20%).

Thanks in advance.

I've heard good things about Angelo Pellets. You might PM Jack (KactusKiller). I know he used to use it and I'm pretty sure he talked highly of it and that his deer really hammered it.

Good luck.

Comment

You could PM KillemAll and ask him. He is using it this year.

Comment

Our deer eat it.
        Last edited by WTN; 02-04-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I hunt just south of San Angelo and our deer are hammering the 17% one of the main ingredients is cottonseed I pay $8.39 for a 50# bag but that's direct from them. In short its a good feed priced right.

Comment

I have fed Angelo 20% and Antlermax and didn't see any difference in consumption. The deer take to both really well and as of now I am sticking with Antlermax for this season(may change next year to see if a whole year on one vs the other makes any difference). One thing for sure is I like that Angelo is a lot less "dusty" when filling from a feed trailer.

I have talked to Cody at the mill a couple times and he has always been very helpful. If you were able to buy in bulk, buying straight from them would definitely be the way to go. I also like that they are willing to adjust mixtures to some degree for you(add wormer etc....).

Good luck

Comment

Our deer on two different properties loved it. Just picked up two tons and it was $330 for the 17%.

Comment

I use it, our deer love it

Comment

I was wondering if anyone on here was feeding Angelo. Country Boys is by far the most convenient place for me to pick up feed. Was thinking about giving it a shot.

Comment

I do like the analysis on the Angelo 20% and I like the way my deer look on a 3-4% fat. Antlermax and L&E 20% fat analysis is ~2%.

DREAM MAKER™ Exxtreme Racks 20%
                    DREAM MAKER™
                    Exxtreme Racks 20%

Free Roaming
                    For Deer and Wildlife On Pasture

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein.............................. Min 20.0%
                    Crude Fat....................................... Min 3.5%
                    Crude Fiber.................................... Max 16%
                    Lysine...........................................M in 0.75%
                    Calcium......................................... Min 1.4%
                    Calcium........................................ Max 1.9%
                    Phosphorus................................. Min 1.10%
                    Salt.............................................. Min 0.45%
                    Salt.............................................. . Max 1.0%
                    Zinc........................................ Min 300 PPM
                    Copper...................................... Min 75 PPM
                    Biotin................................. Min 0.40MG/LB
                    Vitamin A........................ Min 13,300 IU/LB

Comment

I like to get the pure cottonseed meal pellets at Rowena milling and add to the regular protein. Protein, fat and fiber are all in the 20's% range. Or feed cottonseed in addition to the protein to really build body mass

Comment

Originally posted by Truckville View Post
                        I do like the analysis on the Angelo 20% and I like the way my deer look on a 3-4% fat. Antlermax and L&E 20% fat analysis is ~2%.

DREAM MAKERâ„¢ Exxtreme Racks 20%
                        DREAM MAKERâ„¢
                        Exxtreme Racks 20%

Free Roaming
                        For Deer and Wildlife On Pasture

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein.............................. Min 20.0%
                        Crude Fat....................................... Min 3.5%
                        Crude Fiber.................................... Max 16%
                        Lysine...........................................M in 0.75%
                        Calcium......................................... Min 1.4%
                        Calcium........................................ Max 1.9%
                        Phosphorus................................. Min 1.10%
                        Salt.............................................. Min 0.45%
                        Salt.............................................. . Max 1.0%
                        Zinc........................................ Min 300 PPM
                        Copper...................................... Min 75 PPM
                        Biotin................................. Min 0.40MG/LB
                        Vitamin A........................ Min 13,300 IU/LB
                        Make sure you know which one you're getting.. They have 2 different 20% feeds and one isn't on the website. The one you listed above is $385/ton and the other is $350/ton... What they told me is the difference is the cheaper one has only half of the mineral pack of the other.. It's also lower in fat

Comment

We are southwest of Angelo and our deer love it! The coons love it too!

Comment

Working...
                          X