Snake Boots Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake Boots Suggestions

I have been thinking of purchasing a pair of snake boots. As my name implies I'm a Yankee Texan, so never needed them before. Last year my Texas born wife broke me down and I got my first pair of cowboy boots(it only took her 22 years). I admit I do like wearing them and I've seen in pics and videos that a lot of you wear snake boots(cowboy). So would you recommend any and price. I've tried some of the lace up ones and seem to be too restrictive. Thanks for any advice.

I wear Chippewa's. I found them to be the most comfortable for me. I wear boots (cowboy style) every day while working, and these Chipp's are just plain comfortable for me. Most of my South Texas hunting buddies wear 'em too.

Comment

Quality wise, it doesn't get much better than Chippewa's but they come with a hefty price tag as well. The Magellan snake boots from Academy served me well for several years and come with a more manageable price tag. I personally like Irish Setters as i've found them to be the most comfortable on long walks during turkey season.

Comment

Chippewa's or Danner makes a nice boot too.

Comment

Gokey snake boots

Comment

I've had good luck with the ones from B.P.S. I first bought the Magellan as I did not want to spend a ton on them. Did not like them. Then got a B.P.S. brand. I liked the boot itself but lacing them is a pain in the arse. Got the zip up B.P.S. and really love them. Super easy on and off.

Comment

Those Chippewa's look like the pair I see most wearing. They are pretty steep in price but if I new they would last for years I'd spend the money. I'd only be wearing them to the ranch. Are they flexible or stiff, for climbing into stands and crawling under brush?

Comment

I wear and love Chippewa's as well, but I also wear LONG soccer style socks because my calves rubbed raw one year. All good every since.

Comment

I like my lace up Rocky's with the side zipper. They are hot, but I think all snake boots are.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBowman View Post
                    Are they flexible or stiff, for climbing into stands and crawling under brush?
                    Like any boot when new they are a little stiff but not bad, once broke in you can do anything in them.

Comment

I wear Justin’s and they have been great. Finally had to get them resoled after seven years.

Comment

Danner is my choice. Chippewas are great boots but very uncomfortable to me.

Comment

Chipps here as well.

Comment

I just went through this and the 2 people seem to like the best were danner and Chippewa. Idk if you go to llano but just bought some Chippewa last week for $220+tax. That was cheaper than anywhere I could find them. They had several diff styles also but cost little more. Was also a store that carried the Danners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                              I just went through this and the 2 people seem to like the best were danner and Chippewa. Idk if you go to llano but just bought some Chippewa last week for $220+tax. That was cheaper than anywhere I could find them. They had several diff styles also but cost little more. Was also a store that carried the Danners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thanks for the tip that is cheapest I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X