Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA DII and DIII canceling fall sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA DII and DIII canceling fall sports?

Anyone else heard this? Can't imagine DI not following suit...

Money. DII and DIII don’t have the money big schools have. Most of the reasoning behind it is financial. I would expect or could see FCS schools doing the same and some smaller FBS / Independents like UCONN has done.

Power 5’s and school of 5’s have a lot more money to power through and work through all the different hoops.

Comment

My boys plays DII football and we have not heard anything yet. We had a virtual meeting with the coach Last week and they are still set to play as of then.

He reports back to campus this week and they start a 3 week "Offseason Program" before actual practices begin.

That being said, I would not be surprised if they cancelled all fall sports at the collegiate level at this point...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
          Just got the notice from the school

Each conference can decide to play if they wish, just no playoffs/championship

A decision by the GAC has not yet been decided..

As long as they honor his scholarship, I am fine with it either way...

Comment

Ah, just no playoffs...

Comment

All will cancel when the virus spikes just like it is doing in MLB.

Comment

Playoffs? You want to talk about playoffs? Are you kidding me? I just hope we can win a game. :-)

Comment

If D1 plays,they'll all play..I'll be real surprised if we see college ball,at all..It's looking like we will..Finger's crossed!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Move them all to Spring like we did in Junior College 2 weeks ago.

Go out and buy yourself 4-5 nice charter buses. The Spring will be a night mare for travel and a gold mine for charter companies!

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                      Just got the notice from the school

Each conference can decide to play if they wish, just no playoffs/championship

A decision by the GAC has not yet been decided..

As long as they honor his scholarship, I am fine with it either way...

I dropped my son off at OBU today, he just said coach told them GAC is voting tomorrow on what they will do but he thinks they will push to the spring. My thought is if they still aren’t having playoffs or championship in the spring why not go ahead and see what happens playing the fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The power 5s might break away from the NCAA and create their own situation! Then the NCAA might be a thing of the past with out those schools. Just a thought. I personally don't think they will play a whole season. Get to games 3-4 and it will spread and games will be cancelled. If one game is cancelled there goes your conference titles.

Again this is my speculation. Been around 18-22 athletes for 38 years now. They will not be able to follow procedures and regulations like needed.

Comment

Stupid. Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If pro sports doesn't make it through the championships and has to shut back down we may never have sports again. What makes anyone think it will change by next year?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-05-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Hey ncaa...two L's in cancelled. Sorry, had too.

Comment

Working...
                              X