UTV Bed Bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV Bed Bimini

Just curious to see if anybody here has fabricated a bimini type canopy for the bed of a buggy. I installed a short jumpseat in the bed of my Mule 610 for the kids but they could use some shade. I've been brainstorming ways to create one and figured maybe one of y'all have made one that ended in success

Get online and find one of the old school accordion Style canopy’s for a tractor. The ones that kind of look parachute shaped maybe? Idk just my thoughts without searching.

Comment

Maybe look at the different style boat T tops. They have all different kinds. The fold away would be nice for when you do not need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. I made one for the hi-seat on our samurai. We call it the "safari top", and it is really nice on hot summer days when putting feed out. I can't count the times my boys have fallen asleep up there with their heads in my wife's lap! I made ours removeable since we store it in a connex.

I made the proto-type out of scrap cpvc & carboard on a hot weekend to shade my wife & baby boy several years ago. I took some measurements, and fabbed on up once I got back home out of 1" & 3/4" square tubing. I put 1" square tubing sleeves on the back of the high rack, and the 3/4" legs from the canopy slide in the sleeves. I welded some nuts to the sleeves, and made T handles with some bolts to lock it down, if that makes sense. I will have to look for pics.

Comment

I've had thoughts like palmetto build. Or something like a K top on a boat

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome info and much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X