Breckinridge Colorado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breckinridge Colorado?

Wife and I heading to cooler weather next week for 7 days - rented a house and just going to hang out. I know the downtown area is awesome - suggestions on restaurants, day trips, or places to go? Thanks

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    Wife and I heading to cooler weather next week for 7 days - rented a house and just going to hang out. I know the downtown area is awesome - suggestions on restaurants, day trips, or places to go? Thanks
    Go horseback riding in South Park at the Platte Ranch, Amy is awesome!
    Fishing with the Colorado Angler, ask for Taylor Hoy as a guide.
    We didn’t get to do this, but the sunset kayak tour on Lake Dillon looks awesome!

Comment

Fatty's Pizzaeria and Breck Brewery & Pub are outstanding. The Breck Avalanche is my favorite beer on the planet.

Go eat you a crepe or two at Crepe's-A-La-Carte on main street. Right behind the Mountain Angler there is a pond with a bridge where you can feed GIANT trout. There are some legit 20lb trout there.

Fishing is good in town on the Blue at the "stairsteps" down by the police station. There is a nice long stretch of river here and you can fish both sides. In Silverthorne the fishing is outstanding on the Blue below the dam and next to the outlet mall.

Enjoy the cool weather!

Comment

Hit a dispensary two hours before the pizza option.

Comment

Driving or flying? Just curious...

Comment

When we were there, vail was a short drive and went to the top of the mountain and walked around.

Comment

Flipside has great burgers in town. Sage Outdoors is another great option for horseback riding and minturn anglers are great fly fishing guides.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                Fatty's Pizzaeria and Breck Brewery & Pub are outstanding. The Breck Avalanche is my favorite beer on the planet.

Go eat you a crepe or two at Crepe's-A-La-Carte on main street. Right behind the Mountain Angler there is a pond with a bridge where you can feed GIANT trout. There are some legit 20lb trout there.

Fishing is good in town on the Blue at the "stairsteps" down by the police station. There is a nice long stretch of river here and you can fish both sides. In Silverthorne the fishing is outstanding on the Blue below the dam and next to the outlet mall.

Enjoy the cool weather!

this right here!

Comment

flying into denver

Comment

Man I need a vacation...............

Comment

I enjoyed the distillery.. but I also like drinking lol.

Comment

1.. ride the gondolas, free, up to the ski resorts. Plenty of summer activities, but it does cost to ride the alpine sleds and such.

2.. find and rent bikes, they will take you to copper mountain, and bike back to either Frisco, where they pick you up...

Comment

The bike ride is 10-15 miles, mostly downhill.

3.. ATV tour outside of Vail, in the National Forest... very cool, 4-5 hour tour, get to see the only volcano in CO.

The ridge behind my son, is where the Military lands when practices for overseas.

3.. Drive down to Southpark,, there is a cool mining museum.

4.. Boreas Pass, from Breck to Como, an old train path, that was important in the late 1800’s. Very cool afternoon drive... up to 1,200 elevation.

5.. need I say more...

6 .. drive to Leadville. Ride the train.

Comment

UncleFish, I remember the thread you started about that trip.. you and your son caught some trophy fish.

Comment

Everyone has it covered. Enjoy!! Been there in the summer and winter. Love that place.

Comment

Working...
                              X