Ruger American Compact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger American Compact

Saw a shorter American yesterday in a gun store, owner said it was a compact version, held it up, felt good. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Bump

Comment

They have several calibers in the ranch series, I’ve got one in .223 and 6.5 grendel, both are shooters and great truck/utv guns

Comment

The one I saw was 243, curious if they make it in 6.5 Creedmoor

Comment

I bought my son a Ruger American compact. It’s the youth model but they call it compact. His is the stainless version. Sweet little rifle.

Comment

Compact has shorter length of pull 12.5 inches with 18" bbl in .308, 7mm-08 and .243. The compact in 6.5 creedmoor has a 20" bbl. Ranch rifles have 16" bbls with 13.75 inch lop in 450 bushmaster, 300 blk, 5.56, 350 legend, 6.5 grendel and 7.62x39.

Comment

Good info, thanks

Comment

I won a 243 youth model for my daughter and my wife. It’s one of my favorite guns to carry and shoot. Shockingly accurate. Not sure if it qualifies as “compact” but it’s awesome to shoot. Shot fox, coyotes, deer and pigs several times with it. I’d buy anything close to it with a similar caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                  The one I saw was 243, curious if they make it in 6.5 Creedmoor
                  Easy button:

Comment

I’ve got a ranch in .223 and it shoots really well.

Comment

I have a 20" bbl compact in 6.5CM, shoots really well. Bought it as my first dedicated suppressor host and put it in a Boyd's stock. Only drawback is velocity, it only runs about 2550fps for 140gr bullets. It's now passed down to my grandson:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CM target.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	24625605

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruger.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	24625606

Very accurate with both factory and handloads.

Stu

Comment

That's a very nice group!!! I've loaded my CM with 42+ grains, so you could bump up your powder a little to get a little more speed. However, I don't know I'd mess that load given the group.

Comment

my go to rifle is a 243 compact...i lengthened the butt stock with a chunk of memory foam and built a bra for it with some hog hide...i love that handy lil thing!!

Comment

Ruger American Compact

They are shooters. I bought my son the Ranch 300 BO to get started and since then I bought him the 6.5 CM with the Magpul stock.

First Deer w/300 BO

5 round group out of the 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a compact in 308 was not accurate at all, however most reports are they are good shooters. I may have just gotten one that had issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X