No announcement yet.

Beirut crater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted these in one of the other threads but here are satellite pics of before/after.

Comment

Pardon the pun, but I'm gonna blow a hole in the ammonium nitrate myth. Ammonium nitrate is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air), so, if it was really stored for years right there on the water front, it would have become hydrated and nonreactive. Secondly, ammonium nitrate is only explosive with the addition of some liquid hydrocarbon such as kerosene or fuel oil. Unless there was a whole lot of that in there with it, and I mean it would have had to be well mixed, that stuff is pretty inert. I'm still going with the theory that there was something in there that the Israeli's weren't found of.
      Last edited by ultrastealth; 08-05-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Comment

Man, I wonder if her eyelashes made it through the blast?

Comment

Well, she was swept off her feet, though the groom had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Probably poor taste, but i chuckled a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                Pardon the pun, but I'm gonna blow a hole in the ammonium nitrate myth. Ammonium nitrate is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air), so, if it was really stored for years right there on the water front, it would have become hydrated and nonreactive.
                Regardless of how its packaged/stored? That doesn’t seem right.

Comment

Mysterious fires and explosions continue in other parts of the Middle East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Seems the contents were not a secret. The warehouse has multiple warnings over the years concerning the contents. I doubt nefarious evil doers have their caches inspected for compliance violations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pardon the pun, but I'm gonna blow a hole in the ammonium nitrate myth. Ammonium nitrate is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air), so, if it was really stored for years right there on the water front, it would have become hydrated and nonreactive. Secondly, ammonium nitrate is only explosive with the addition of some liquid hydrocarbon such as kerosene or fuel oil. Unless there was a whole lot of that in there with it, and I mean it would have had to be well mixed, that stuff is pretty inert. I'm still going with the theory that there was something in there that the Israeli's weren't found of.
                      How did the tanker in Texas City and the warehouse in West go supernova then? Neither were mixed with fuel, and both were on fire. Similar to Beirut. Seems like the AN reacts “rapidly” with heat?

Comment

God's really pi**ed off at this world,

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                          I posted these in one of the other threads but here are satellite pics of before/after.

ship to the right is on it's side, bet that was something to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                            ship to the right is on it's side, bet that was something to see.
                            Kind of looks like there is a ship underwater there next to the area where the bulkhead failed (towards the bottom).

Comment

I could be wrong but I believe heat will detonate it without the addition of petro

Comment

We should also recall that ammonium nitrate was a big culprit it the explosion in West, TX at the fertilizer plant. That was a case of arson I believe

Comment

Working...
                                X