Laid Off....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laid Off....

A mixture of the oil and gas industries current situation and COVID I was let go from my job in the O&G industry. So it is on to greener pastures!

For anyone in the same situation, keep your head up and keep moving forward. Brighter days are ahead. As a man, the provider of the household it can be a tough pill to swallow but you will find a way.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Nathan

Prayers Up & Good Luck on finding what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Prayers Up & Good Luck on finding what you want.
      Thank you, sir.

Comment

You have a great attitude! Really makes me realize I should be more thankful. Praying for God’s guidance and provision in your life and career. Praying all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Great attitude! Good luck bud. Lots of us could be joining you any moment.

Comment

Good Luck to you. I have been searching since March. I am hoping that things start to look better soon.

Comment

Good luck to you as well. I have only been looking since June 30th, pickings are slim right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great attitude!
                My wife called a few weeks back crying and said she got let go at the University, I said Praise God, He has something bigger and better for you! She just applied for a position paying much more and a better job to boot. Keep your eyes on Him.

Comment

Been on the hunt since the end of March. Good luck to you!

Comment

Hate to hear it, hope you find something quick

Comment

Have to comment, Man, sorry about your situation! Two stories to give you hope and most of all "Don't get too down and keep up the fight!"

First of all, I got laid off from a company after 10 years but kept up the fight, switched careers and never looked back. Had a several "No's," but then a yes and it ended up great!

2nd story, from an OP I posted over a month ago...my middle son got laid off from a Management position in the O&G supply business close to 3 months ago. He was also going thru a divorce then developed a serious infection in his left foot that resulted in having his big toe amputated. 3 BIG challenges all at once.

Last Friday he got his offer letter from the largest pipe company supply in the world and starts August 17th at MORE $$ than he was making from his laid off company. He's not in management anymore, rather sales. He was referred to this company by one of his previous account managers and this is the point I'm stating: Use your contacts, stay after it and explore any opportunity that presents!

Tough position to be in but my thoughts and prayers are with you! I always remember what a buddy of mine told me years past...."It don't matter how many times you get knocked down but how many time you get up and fight!"
                      Good Luck and stay on your feet!!

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                        Great attitude!
                        My wife called a few weeks back crying and said she got let go at the University, I said Praise God, He has something bigger and better for you! She just applied for a position paying much more and a better job to boot. Keep your eyes on Him.
                        Pre COVID you would have thought a University was one of the more stable employers.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          Have to comment, Man, sorry about your situation! Two stories to give you hope and most of all "Don't get too down and keep up the fight!"

First of all, I got laid off from a company after 10 years but kept up the fight, switched careers and never looked back. Had a several "No's," but then a yes and it ended up great!

2nd story, from an OP I posted over a month ago...my middle son got laid off from a Management position in the O&G supply business close to 3 months ago. He was also going thru a divorce then developed a serious infection in his left foot that resulted in having his big toe amputated. 3 BIG challenges all at once.

Last Friday he got his offer letter from the largest pipe company supply in the world and starts August 17th at MORE $$ than he was making from his laid off company. He's not in management anymore, rather sales. He was referred to this company by one of his previous account managers and this is the point I'm stating: Use your contacts, stay after it and explore any opportunity that presents!

Tough position to be in but my thoughts and prayers are with you! I always remember what a buddy of mine told me years past...."It don't matter how many times you get knocked down but how many time you get up and fight!"
                          Good Luck and stay on your feet!!
                          That is awesome news! Congrats to your son. Thanks for the support!

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
                            Been on the hunt since the end of March. Good luck to you!
                            Thank you, Sir. Good luck to you as well.

Comment

I have no words that will make you feel any better about you situation and I have been there myself in 2009 and currently working 32 hour weeks since June . Lots of good people being affected right now thru no fault of their own and it looks like it is going to be a while before things turn around. The best advice I can give you is to keep your head up and try to be as positive as you can. This closed door in life may mean that another will open and lead to something better down the road. I honestly believe that things happen for a reason and sometimes it takes years of reflection and looking back before we realize we are better off because of it. Good luck and god bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X