stay at home mom supplemental income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stay at home mom supplemental income?

so i tried searching for stuff before posting this question but every time i did the search broke and the browser (brave) told me the page failed to load. i did a search for "axis hunt" and it worked fine haha. not sure what's going on there. anyway, my wife and i are expecting our first child, a girl, due nov 10 and we're trying to look into possibilities for our work/income situation. right now her staying home is a leading option. We are able to be comfortable with just my income but i'm always looking to optimize things.

i'm hoping yall can give me ideas for alternative sources of income that would allow her to be the primary caregiver for the child and future children. we're looking around for remote work situations that would be compatible, but yall are a squirrely bunch and i bet yall can come up with something i'd never think of.

My wife does social media. She makes online courses and sells them. She funnels her traffic to her website thru tiktoc and Facebook. She does very well for herself. Your wife needs to have a niche for something to sell.

Comment

Medical coding if she’s interested in expanding skills

Comment

My wife taught English to kids in China. Classes were in the very early morning and late evenings. The Chinese government put an end to this, so it may not be an option, but she can still teach online. For quick cash she delivered Amazon Flex a couple of times per work.

Comment

Not sure how crafty she is but my wife turned embroidered kid shirts into a side hustle that is getting closer and closer to matching her Salary before she stayed home with the kids. She is selling one of her lightly used embroidery machines as she has since upgraded to a professional model to keep up with demand.

I too thought she could have gotten some sort of real work from home remote job but taking care of our kids is more than a full time job so the Etsy side hustle works much better and is much more reasonable with her availability.

Not sure where your/her morals are but according to TilTok you can get rich on something called only fans.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
            My wife does social media. She makes online courses and sells them. She funnels her traffic to her website thru tiktoc and Facebook. She does very well for herself. Your wife needs to have a niche for something to sell.
            Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
            Not sure how crafty she is but my wife turned embroidered kid shirts into a side hustle that is getting closer and closer to matching her Salary before she stayed home with the kids. She is selling one of her lightly used embroidery machines as she has since upgraded to a professional model to keep up with demand.

I too thought she could have gotten some sort of real work from home remote job but taking care of our kids is more than a full time job so the Etsy side hustle works much better and is much more reasonable with her availability.
            my wife does knitting, crocheting, and cross stitching almost constantly when she's not doing anything else. she'd had some success selling stuff in the past but she had to reduce the price to the point where she was getting a couple dollars per hour for things like sweaters because the cost of yarn is so high. oddly enough her highest margin item she'd sold before was crocheted washcloths.

personally i would like her to do something crafty like that but i also have reservations on stuff like that. mostly due to labor costs.

Comment

That’s exactly why my wife had to upgrade machines. The initial investment was high but now she can make $15 profit on a shirt that takes roughly 20 minutes of her labor. Taken her about a year- year and a half to figure all the ins and outs.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                Not sure where your/her morals are but according to TilTok you can get rich on something called only fans.
                Beat me to it. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  Beat me to it. Lol.
                  Lol. Seems to be a cash cow according to my neighbors sister.

Comment

Welcome child into world, baby fog is a real thing and decide from there. Everyone handles situation differently. Congrats, enjoy it and it goes by so fast!

Comment

A girl on YouTube cooks food and calls her channel Only Pans.

Become a classifieds king!!

Comment

It has been many years ago, but when my wife had our daughter, we wanted her to be a stay at home mom. She looked around and found a need by school teachers that needed to teach but didn't want their kids in some of the available preschools. So my wife started keeping school teachers kids(2 or 3 at a time). Not many, but enough to pick up a little income, didn't have to leave home and was off during the summer when school was out. Worked out well for us for many years.

Comment

If her goal is to be a stay at home mom then capitalize on that. Too many moms are on social media not watching their kids. Make up tutorials, influencers whatever it is. Her job is to raise you a child that behaves, has manners and knows his colors number and abcs before school starts. Can she make additional income at home? Yes but just let her figure out how to raise a child first.

Comment

I admire a man that looks for a second job for his wife. Lol
                            After about 3 weeks of taking care of a baby she may not be as fond of the idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              Medical coding if she’s interested in expanding skills
                              Boom! This is EXACTLY what came to mind. I think an associate degree in medical coding will be better than a certificate. But you’ll have to do your due diligence. When my wife left the construction field she got into medical transcription. Did it right outta the house and as she got better her pay increased. My neighbors wife works for the Disney corporation, booking trips etc etc. she’s an accountant major from Baylor and now a stay at home mom.
                              Nowadays I would think there are tons of careers that are remote.

Comment

Working...
                              X