Red Stag killed in SHNF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Stag killed in SHNF?

My wife showed me a snapshot of a post today on FB of a red stag killed with a bow in the SHNF. They said the GW confiscated the animal and ticketed the hunter because it was not on the “check list” of animals to shoot.
    Anybody hear of this? Is this a new development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s on FB east Tx group… where your screen shot came and where Hunter posted his harvest.

Comment

What the what? I know of axis,elk and fallow that have been taken in Sabine National Forest and none were given any flack or fines for it that I know of.

I hate that for the hunter because that is something that most would never get to do.

Comment

well...bummer deal right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Milty View Post
          What the what? I know of axis,elk and fallow that have been taken in Sabine National Forest and none were given any flack or fines for it that I know of.

I hate that for the hunter because that is something that most would never get to do.
          It was probably pre-social media.

Comment

Don't post your kill pictures online if you haven't read and understand the rules!

I do find it silly that exotics would not be allowed on public land that allows deer hunting.

Comment

That stinks.
              Guess I have that noted for the future.

Comment

oh wow! Guess I would have been in trouble also ........exotic's on public land cant be good right?

Comment

That is a seriously RAW deal..

Comment

**** shame

Comment

Good old social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        Good old social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the record, even though i live on the boundary, i have never hunted the NF. But don’t you have to check in all ypur kills?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          It’s on FB east Tx group… where your screen shot came and where Hunter posted his harvest.

Yepp. I’m not a member anymore of that page. My wife sent it to me.

Sounds like a real bummer of a situation.

Comment

This is old news. Yes, the hunter did get a ticket from the game warden Class A ticket. The animal is not in the public hunting book of "legal" game to kill and since it isn't listed as a legal game to harvest it can't be killed. Yet, on private land it is no issue...

Comment

Add this to the list of reasons why people don't like GW's.

Comment

Working...
                              X