I just got an e-bike. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got an e-bike. Now what?

What do I need to make this a hunting bike?

I just ordered gun/bow rack for the handle bars. I also ordered a front basket for this bike.

I want a game cart of some kind, but no idea which one or what will be needed to attach one.

Any other suggestions or accessories needed for getting in the woods and hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a fancy suit...

Comment

Ride it….pretty simple
      Add some training wheels & a spotlight & you’ll be the coolest guy in East Tx

Comment

I’d find a front fender if you plan on riding through any water/mud.

Game cart attachment will be dependent on what game cart you get. I know you’ve seen the post on mine where I had a “hitch” welded to the rear rack to accommodate the game cart I already had.

Headlight. I got a usb rechargeable one from Amazon. It straps to the handlebar and has a low, high, and strobe setting.

Bungee cords work well to strap something to the rear rack. Although you could always attach a basket or get one of the bike rack cargo nets.

Comment

Maybe some way of charging the battery, like a power inverter for the truck.

I just picked up a bike last weekend. I need a charger for the one I got, for starters and maybe a battery once I get to charge the battery with a good charger.

I watched some videos, and did some reading. It did not say anything about weight capacity and how much weight it takes to affect performance. It said they are factory set to run 20 mph, but you can go into the settings and raise the max speed to 60 mph. I could use this thing to make trips down the road to the store.

I am curious how my weight, plus gear, plus rifle will affect the performance, as far as power and how quickly the battery is drained. The higher the load on the motor, the more amps drawn, the faster the battery will get drained. I thought about looking for an extra battery on line. The original batteries are I think 16 amp hour, and $550. They offer a upgraded battery for $1200. I think it is more like 19 amp hours.
          Then the bike I got has the Max motor, but from everything I have seen, I can just unbolt that motor bolt in a ultra, change the wiring harness and control panel. I really need to see what it will do with the max motor, with a good battery. I really don’t know how much power it has with the motor it has.

I talked to a tech guy at M2S yesterday, he said the charger is definitely bad, then the battery may have weak cells in it, but won’t know that, till I can charge the battery with a good charger.

Even without the electric motor, it seems to be a very nice bike. I used to ride between 54, to 58 miles a day, used to tear bikes up. Used to have very strong legs. That all came to an end 16 years ago. Maybe this bike will get me out and riding again. The idea of being able to go fast, I could get past high traffic areas on the road quickly, then shut the motor off and pedal along in areas that are safer to ride. My buddy pointed out you can lock out both the front and rear suspensions for more efficient street riding. I have never wanted to be the guy on a bike holding up traffic. I think this bike has a lot of possibilities.

The only things I have put any thoughts into related to the bike and hunting, are the battery, then how much power it has, then keeping the tires from going flat.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I just ordered gun/bow rack for the handle bars. I also ordered a front basket for this bike.

I want a game cart of some kind, but no idea which one or what will be needed to attach one.

Any other suggestions or accessories needed for getting in the woods and hunting?

Hurry up and Man it Up Somehow

Maybe get it pink camo wrapped

Comment

Maybe put a sissy bar and some padding on the back for momma and she can hold on to the game cart while you drive😉

Comment

Your bike is going to look cool with that front basket
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                  I’d find a front fender if you plan on riding through any water/mud.

Game cart attachment will be dependent on what game cart you get. I know you’ve seen the post on mine where I had a “hitch” welded to the rear rack to accommodate the game cart I already had.

Headlight. I got a usb rechargeable one from Amazon. It straps to the handlebar and has a low, high, and strobe setting.

Bungee cords work well to strap something to the rear rack. Although you could always attach a basket or get one of the bike rack cargo nets.

It came with a headlight and front fender. I didn’t realize it wasn’t in the pic. I wasn’t finished putting together I guess.

I really like the way you welded your hitch and was planning to copy it. I just didn’t know if there’s a cart that will connect to the bike without any extra work needed. The bike I bought doesn’t offer a cart
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 10-25-2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    It said they are factory set to run 20 mph, but you can go into the settings and raise the max speed to 60 mph.

I read that in the owners manual. The default setting is around. 20 mph. I got it to 23 mph on the road yesterday. Honestly that was fast enough.

It does say the speed can be adjusted by going into the settings. I can’t imagine a bicycle doing 60 mph.

Any recommendations for a game cart. It will mostly be used for hauling Axis.

Comment

The biggest issue I had with mine was keeping the tires from getting punctured. I think the first 4 times I went out I had 5 flats. The Tannus Armour liners were the best thing I could find...and I went through several types of liners. That was 2 years ago so there may be something better on the market now.

Invest in a good pump and plenty of extra tubes. Find a way to store them on the bike at all times. Pushing one of those things for 4-5 miles sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTrey View Post
                        The biggest issue I had with mine was keeping the tires from getting punctured. I think the first 4 times I went out I had 5 flats. The Tannus Armour liners were the best thing I could find...and I went through several types of liners. That was 2 years ago so there may be something better on the market now.

Invest in a good pump and plenty of extra tubes. Find a way to store them on the bike at all times. Pushing one of those things for 4-5 miles sucks.

Thanks. I’m glad you posted this.

Comment

this thread may be some help as to how he rigged the cart up...

Comment

It came with a headlight and front fender. I didn’t realize it wasn’t in the pic. I wasn’t finished putting together I guess.

I really like the way you welded your hitch and was planning to copy it. I just didn’t know if there’s a cart that will connect to the bike without any extra work needed. The bike I bought doesn’t offer a cart

Mine has a headlight too, but it seems to shift when riding. It’s mounted right above the front fender. I find myself using the one on the handlebar instead and not even turning on the one that came with the bike.

If you buy the game cart and bike mount from Sherpa, then I recommend the hitch I did. If you get one of the bakcou or quietkat etc trailers they attach to the rear axle.

I second the tannus armour for the tires.

I also have small storage that mounts to the upper part of the frame by the handlebars. I keep bike tools, CO2 cartridges, and an inflater inside it to handle stuff on the fly.

Comment

Ordering the tannus today. Still searching carts.

Comment

Working...
                              X