No announcement yet.

Hunting Doodles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy comes from a duck hunting family so he's had labs his whole life. Recently he bought an Aussiedoodle that was the non-planned offspring at a breeder he knows. Said it may be the smartest dog he's owned. Loves to hunt, but isn't a great swimmer due to all the fur.

It's human-esque eyes and hair on it's face wig me out. I've never been face to face with a Sasquatch, but I imagine it looks just like that.

Comment

Bow creek kennels in Kansas has Brittany poodles mini and standard.

Comment

Our 35 pound labradoodle would be a hell of a hunting dog if she could stand being around guns. She runs like a deer and can swim/fetch with any of them. If you get a doodle that is the offspring of two doodles, you'll basically guarantee yourself not having a shedding dog. That said you take some chances on the genetics. We always had labs (and one Chesapeake retriever that was incredible) I love those dogs, but we'll own doodles from here on.

I think Muzzy up above is a great option along with a standard poodle. Good luck!
        Last edited by mzurovec; 11-23-2022, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Hunting Doodles?

It doesn’t have to have anything else in it to be a hunting dog. Standard poodles have been hunting dogs forever.

Louter Creek Hunting Poodles.Training and breeding Standard Poodles for waterfowl retrieving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Mike D; 11-23-2022, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X