Why can’t I find this buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good shot MrWagon.
    No consolation for no ground checked deer. Still…
    Good shot.
    Its somewhere dead by now I reckon. Look for buzzards.

Comment

Dang that appears to be a great shot! I'd bet he's close. Hopefully you find him

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Good shot MrWagon.
        No consolation for no ground checked deer. Still…
        Good shot.
        Its somewhere dead by now I reckon. Look for buzzards.

This!
        Weird situation, [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check the nearest water source. Wounded deer develop fever and head to water.

Comment

Only thing that makes sense is it’s back further that it appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              Only thing that makes sense is it’s back further that it appears.
              It's not though. You can see his off side leg and the arrow should have exited slightly further forward than entry. Weird but I have see perfectly hit deer survive.

Comment

Looks like a text book kill shot. It happened to me once.. Perfect shot with a Spitfire 125..
                That sucker ran over 300 yards with little to no blood trail.. Took me 3 hours to find him and he was as stiff as a sheet of plywood.. He died running wide open..
                Keep looking. He's dead..

Comment

My Impala same way. Ran hundreds of yards and slid to a stop burying it's downside horn in the dirt. Not bleeding on ground because the shoulders were both shot through and moving over the chest cavity keeping the blood in.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember an old bone collector episode where Waddell made a good shot on a buck in s tx and it ran like a mile to t bones blind where he shot him again in pretty much the same spot then it died. Critters are tough sometimes.

Comment

I shot a red stag exactly same place, same thing little blood no stag. There was a creek the direction he ran, I walked that creek every day looking for sign. On 3rd day after I shot him I found him dead on creek and he had just died when I gutted him steam coming off his guts. Arrow had went thru bottom of lungs behind heart and didnt hit a major blood vessel, I guess he was able to breath with top lung lobes until infection got him 3 days later. I had walked by that same spot twice. He lived 3 days somehow. Tbone shot a buck on camera with about same shot, over a hour later Michael shot same deer about 1000yds away in almost same spot. Deer was still rutting when michael shot him. It is amazing what they can take sometimes.

Comment

Wow shot looks perfect.... Can't believe even the dogs couldn't find him. Definitely a head scratcher there....

Comment

Maybe get a drone out there to look for him.

Comment

What a shot. Incredible, never in a million years would I think that deer to still be on his feet.

Comment

They are tough animals. Hopefully he's dead and you'll find him or he will show back up and you'll get another chance.

Comment

Personally seen the video. 100% great shot. Baffled...

Comment

Working...
                                X