Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good!

Comment

Got the windows in with no problems. The Deerviews are nice! Also tied it down so it won’t blow over again. Broke it in with a hunt with my FIL last night, and shot a doe this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turned out nice

Comment

Looks good!

Didn’t see dimensions? Is it 4’ wide? With 5 1/2” shelves around?

Comment

Yeah, 4x8 floor, with 2x6 shelves all around. Interior is about 7'6 on the high side and 7' on the low side. No head bonkin lol.

Comment

That turned out really nice!

Comment

Nice job on the build. Lots of fun family times coming.

I used T-post to stake down my last one.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Recommendation…put some coat hooks in. Good for hanging bags/packs and coats worn on the walk in but not necessary when the sun comes up. Keeps the floor clear.

I also second the upper shelf. Good place for binos, spotlight, head lamp, snacks, mosquito repellent and so on.

I’m itching to build another blind. I’m thinking 6x8 leaving plenty of room for kids to take a nap

Comment

Congratulations, looks great, a very nice project.

Comment

nice

Comment

Looks great. Speaking from experience 6x8 would serve you much better.

Comment

Looks good. I plan on doing a 6x8 this offseason

Comment

Looks good, should be plenty of fun times in there. Enjoy.
                            I built an 4x8 once. I put the door to one side on the 8' back. I wished I had put it in the middle. It would make getting out easier if someone needed out quick. I solved that problem with the next one, made it 8x8, plenty of room.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

I have built a few, currently have three in use all with Deerview Windows. I would strongly encourage you to rethink your roof. Build a simple cap, 1" > than your exterior dimensions from 2" x 4". Screw your metal to this not to exceed the walls by 4-6". Install from the outside, it will slip right over your walls. Screw it down from the inside with 3" deck screws. You are catching way too much wind as it is. If you don't reconfigure your roof, trim the metal with a battery operated saw in the field. You've built a great blind, it needs a sustainable roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X