No announcement yet.

Which Suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several guys on here say go direct thread, why is that? I have the silencer co omega with QD and love it. I was told not to do direct thread because there hard to get off?

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
      The rebranded stinger worx? No...id stick to dead air, cgs, thunderbeast, etc.

https://stingerworx.com/
      Did not realize they were a re rebranded product.

Comment

Check out Diligent Defense

Comment

Which Suppressor?

If you havent looked at Wyoming arms, go check them out.

They are designed specifically for Ar’s. The lightest, smallest can on the market, while also being the QUIETEST at the shooters ear.

Too much suppressor can create extra pressure in an AR and most of the ones on the market are designed for a long gun. By giving up 2-3 decibels at the muzzle, you will save 6-8 decibels at the shooters ear.

Also made in wyoming, by An oilfield friend of ours who has been marching for 40 years. It’s a top notch outfit!

**They guarantee their AR’s to 1/2 MOA! And their suppressors to be the quietest at the shooters ear on the market!**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
            If you havent looked at Wyoming arms, go check them out.

They are designed specifically for Ar’s. The lightest, smallest can on the market, while also being the QUIETEST at the shooters ear.

Too much suppressor can create extra pressure in an AR and most of the ones on the market are designed for a long gun. By giving up 2-3 decibels at the muzzle, you will save 6-8 decibels at the shooters ear.

Also made in wyoming, by An oilfield friend of ours who has been marching for 40 years. It’s a top notch outfit!

**They guarantee their AR’s to 1/2 MOA! And their suppressors to be the quietest at the shooters ear on the market!**

They should really get those claims tested by Jay from pew science...if it’s a traditional baffled can I can guarantee you they are false.

Comment

They should really get those claims tested by Jay from pew science...if it’s a traditional baffled can I can guarantee you they are false.

It’s been shot at a lot of shoots and just last week at a big Law enforcement invitational shoot in Austin. Those guys loved it and had a decibel meter. They were blown away!

How would one get ahold of this Jay guy? I’m not a rep, just supporting an awesome product and people we really enjoy.

Comment

Which Suppressor?

It’s been shot at a lot of shoots and just last week at a big Law enforcement invitational shoot in Austin. Those guys loved it and had a decibel meter. They were blown away!

How would one get ahold of this Jay guy? I’m not a rep, just supporting an awesome product and people we really enjoy.

What other cans were y’all comparing it to? No offense, but I just have a hard time believing a 5”x1.125” monocore can that I’ve never heard of is the quietest suppressor on the market.

Last edited by Raider4044; 11-06-2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Major BS flag thrown. Heck I’m throwing 2 of them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Major BS flag thrown. Heck I’m throwing 2 of them lol.

Let’s go shoot em, your in west texas?

The owner Jeff is coming back down to midland in January to do some oilfield sales with me. I’ll have him bring the arsenal and we can do a range day. Then y’all can correct me/ educate me.

How’s that sound??

Comment

Jay is like a rocket scientist that is a gun guy and independently tests silencers, he is pretty famous for putting and end to “bro science” and dispelling a lot of silencer myths. He can be contacted thru his website for testing and if it tests well, your friend will find himself with more business than he knows what to do with.
                      Industry leading independent suppressor testing. Real Sound Signature Reviews with Silencer Sound Standard test data. The Suppression Rating determines what is "hearing safe" for your use; hunting, self defense, and target shooting. The most accurate suppressor sound metering data avail

This is the current leader board on a standard mk18...the fbi just chose the flow556 as their new suppressor of choice
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	CC3F0610-8240-43DA-A0C5-8222DD68BFC2.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24697146
                      Last edited by Anon; 11-06-2022, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Jay is like a rocket scientist that is a gun guy and independently tests silencers, he is pretty famous for putting and end to “bro science” and dispelling a lot of silencer myths. He can be contacted thru his website for testing and if it tests well, your friend will find himself with more business than he knows what to do with.
                        Industry leading independent suppressor testing. Real Sound Signature Reviews with Silencer Sound Standard test data. The Suppression Rating determines what is "hearing safe" for your use; hunting, self defense, and target shooting. The most accurate suppressor sound metering data avail

This is the current leader board on a standard mk18...the fbi just chose the flow556 as their new suppressor of choice
                        [ATTACH]1108424[/ATTACH]

Appreciate the Info, I’ll put them in touch!

Comment

Still curious what suppressors you have tested it against? Any videos? If they are making the quietest centerfire suppressor on the market that’s basically the same size as a Dead Air Mask, there must be some wizardry involved. Lol

Comment

I haven’t shot it next to anything. But saw it shot next to omega, sandman, nomad (don’t know the model specifics)

Seems like y’all are much more educated than me, I was relaying what I saw and was told about the back pressures and AR’s. Like said, specifically at the shooters ear, on an AR platform..

I’m gonna get one to Jay and see what his research shows! I’ll report back

Comment

I haven’t shot it next to anything. But saw it shot next to omega, sandman, nomad (don’t know the model specifics)

Seems like y’all are much more educated than me, I was relaying what I saw and was told about the back pressures and AR’s. Like said, specifically at the shooters ear, on an AR platform..

I’m gonna get one to Jay and see what his research shows! I’ll report back

I’m in Georgetown but I will gladly meet y’all somewhere around here. What you/your friend is claiming hasn’t been done by anyone with very large R&D budgets. Suppression isn’t all that mind boggling. It’s a volume and flow game. But I can assure you that a tiny center fire can use the quietest thing out there. Especially when I hear the low back pressure claim. Which usually means they give up some suppression to reduce back pressure. I’d sure be interested in seeing one.

Comment

Designed to provide enough suppression to be used hunting while maintaining the smallest and lightest package. Low back pressure. User serviceable. Mono core design.

Their words. This is them saying “it’s not real quiet but it’s got low back pressure”.

Comment

Working...
                                X