No announcement yet.

Running into a Boss you can’t Stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived this scenario at a wdding.. direct boss.. he tried to screw me on my out and lost. I walked up said hello, shook his hand, then I partied the rest of the night like I was enjoying life... which I was. LoL

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

WWJD??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As Paul Harvey would say, Now the rest of the story!!!
        A friend of mine that I haven’t seen in a while contacted me. Since I was on my days off, we decided to meet for breakfast at the local restaurant. When we walked in, there was a older fellow waiting on a order to go. He stopped my friend and asked his name. My friend said, “Well, what’s your name”. He told him and my friend said I know who you are and turned to walk in the dining area. Just as soon as we sat down at a table, this guy was right there. I don’t really know what this guy said but my friend stood right back up and I heard him say “You ain’t no friend of mine. Go screw yourselves!!!”
        I’m like, what the hell was that about?? So he tells me the whole story on this guy. My friend had worked in a union shop and was a grievance committee member. He had filed a bunch of grievances on behalf of other employees. All had to do with this production manager. Apparently, this manager made it personal and he made it so bad that my friend eventually quit.
        My friend said he’s one of those guys that he wouldn’t pee on if on fire and he’s a guy that gets along with any and everybody.
        I found it quite humorous but it was one of those things that you really had to be there!!!

Comment

He's probably asking himself the same question about an old employee he couldn't stand

Comment

I had a **** ex boss call me a year later and ask if he could put my name on his application as a reference to apply for a job at the company I moved to. I laughed through the phone and told him to go ahead. That made my day.

Really? T.U.R.D. gets ****

Comment

shake his hand and wish him well. bigger man

Comment

Forgive and forget or you will be carrying that baggage around for the rest of your life- may be unknowingly but it will be there. 14 yrs? A lot can happen in peoples lives in that amount of time. They very well may have had a huge life change and have been humbled. Be respectful, kind and very courteous - It’s what we are called to do “ Live Thy Neighbor”.

Comment

As others mentions. Shake hands be cordial. It appears y’all are in the same business/field. You never know if one day he leaves the former company and joins the same company you are with now.

Comment

Had one screw me over about 25 years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me. I left for a promotion in another company and have gone nowhere but up ever sense.

But if I bumped into him I'd not even say hello. He knew what he was doing to me when he did it. I forgive him, but I see no need to talk to him.
                    Last edited by SJP51; 11-01-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

This happened to me. I shook his hand and was cordial. He asked if the company I worked for was hiring. I said I did not know. He had just interviewed to be my boss again. A few weeks later I am teaching a class in Florida when the company VP comes in and wants to take me to lunch! Well he tells me he is going to be my boss then asks me if I am going to quit. I tell him no because this guy he just hired is a do nothing, know nothing, person and should not make it past a 90 day revue. Well at about 6 weeks into the job the regional manager (who hired him) was asking about PMA dollars done last month. He could not answer and asked his office manager for the answer and she knew the number. The regional guy asked him about the current month PMA dollars and again her referred the question to his office manager. The regional guy fired him right then and there. The regional manager asked me what I said to the VP and I told him. He said he felt lick to still have his job after hiring my old boss and then having to fire him so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Be calm, be civil, and be humble. But never forget how anyone treated you.

I have a long memory, but I’ve found that those who treated me poorly in the past, tend to work themselves away from my business. Those who don’t, I can generally get along with later on. I try very hard not to burn bridges, as my mentor taught me.

I can remember very few people who irritated me 14 years ago, but I remember those who treated me well, and I try to be like them, and do so in kind. It makes my life better, and I don’t have to worry about it when I go to sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Great answer. Very true.

Comment

You are a better man for acknowledging him and shaking his hand.
                          People can and do change. Take the high road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you do?
                            Kick his arse!

Comment

Judging by one of these responses, I need to do a lot more growing up. I appreciate the mentorship gents.

Comment

You don’t have to be the “bigger man”. Why show respect for someone you had strong feelings against in the form of a handshake. Doesn’t mean you’re holding a grudge. A quick hey how’s it going and keep moving should suffice. Not rude, not friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X