How do I make my Satori quieter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make my Satori quieter?

Thanks for everyone's input on the Bob Lee bow question & thanks for Cliff for meeting me in FW & letting me shoot his. My used Bob Lee bow is in the mail.

Question for today, my Hoyt Satori is really loud. I shoot the bow so well but I had a doe duck under my string again this weekend. I know it's not uncommon for them to do that but when I shoot my Bear Grizzly & then shoot my Satori I'm shocked at the noise level between the bows. I put beaver balls on the string, have limbsaver dampeners on the limbs & have a limbsaver screw in weight on the front. I've played with the brace height & have it at 8 3/". My Grizzly is so much quieter but I don't shoot it as well so I don't have as much confidence in that bow. What am I missing? Any ideas to help make it quieter when I shoot?

How heavy are your arrows?

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great question about the arrows. I'm using Gold Tip XT arrows, 400 spine, 9.3 grains. I put 50 grain brass inserts in front & use 125 gr broad heads.

I've been shooting recurve for less than 3 years so any input about arrow or bow setup would be greatly appreciated.
      Last edited by TXhogkilr; 10-31-2022, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Play around with the location of the Puffs, sometimes it likes them in a sweet spot. I always took a tiny bit out of the limbs bolts also

Comment

What’s the draw weight of the bow at your draw length?

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

40 lb limbs but at my 28" draw length it pulls at 44 lbs

Comment

Those .400’s are probably too stiff!

Bisch

Comment

Put some felt on the limbs where the string rests. I put wax in all of the ILF fittings. A lot of it. Johnsons paste wax is what I used. That was after I put felt on the limb butts and around the button. I love the flexibility of the ILF system but the darn things are made to buzz. Mine was still a little loud after doing all the sound deadening, so I put three more twists in the string and all of sudden the bow was in the sweet spot. Don't be afraid to go up on the brace height if that is what it takes to get the bow quiet.

Comment

60 D has good advice. I put really thin "stick on felt" strips to keep the limbs from rattling/slapping the handle. Also, make sure all the apprpriate bolts are snugged up (with the limbs off).

I believe it would help if the limb bolts were set for the limbs max weight. But I never tried that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Those .400’s are probably too stiff!

Bisch

Will that make an arrow louder?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                      Will that make an arrow louder?
                      Sometime/often, yes it does, because the arrow is slapping the riser.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for the input. I ordered some thin felt strips & I'll continue to play around with the brace height.

Comment

Working...
                        X