Scent killer soap alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent killer soap alternatives?

Seems a family member is allergic to most scent killer soaps, so he has just been using unscented soap instead, but he is getting really frustrated because he never sees deer. (the soaps makes his skin itch so much he just scratches like a flea infested dog)
    I was thinking he could try the field wipes but thought I would ask on here if there was anything else he could try.
    TIA

Baking Soda -n- Water?

Comment

I highly doubt he isn’t seeing deer due to not using scent free soap

Comment

Ivory soap

Comment

All Free and Clear

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            I highly doubt he isn’t seeing deer due to not using scent free soap

This………I know you MIGHT find this hard to believe. But people killed plenty of deer before scent free soap. I’ve killed plenty of deer, on public land, and never touched scent free soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
              All Free and Clear

This ^^ for their clothes.

Comment

I found the "dead downwind" brand to leave me less itchy than the green stuff.

Comment

That scent free soap doesn’t make a difference. Hunt the right wind

Comment

Try ozone box for the clothes? I have a scentkiller or scent crusher box, forgot which one.

Put the clothes in there run 30min... no detectable scent on the clothes. Plenty of times, I havent showered or had my regular deodorant on and seen plenty of deer.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ivory for sensitive skin has no scent and it’s hypoallergenic.

Comment

Ivory or baby soap.

Smoke dem clothes!

Comment

I own or have purchased all of the gimmicks. Scent free soap, deodorant and shampoo for the 7 hairs left on my head. Nothing beats hunting the right wind. I will shamelessly spend money in an attempt to find the silver bullet that will beat a deer's nose. I honestly feel like I am chasing a ghost.

I shared this with a coworker yesterday so take it for what it is worth....
                          I read an article one time that claimed that the acids that cause vomit to smell bad are expelled through our mouths and noses from our stomach acid with each breath. The article said that because deer have such sensitive noses they can pick up the slightest remnant of these odors, therefore conventional scent control is a waste if you don't have a good wind.

I don't know whether it's true or not but I do tend to suck on honey lemon cough drops while hunting just in case.

Comment

During this past spring and summer I tried something new. Since I hunt in East Texas which has lots of pine trees, I started using dr. Squatch pine tar scented soap. I shower with the soap and use the pine tar deodorant. I have sat in the stand with deer or hogs down wind @ 60 yards and haven’t had any animals spook. This included the bachelor group of bucks that visited the protein daily.

Comment

Being where deer travel, being still, and sitting in the right spot for scent dispersion works best.

They can smell you no matter what, its about reducing the concentration of your scent to throw them off as to your distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X