Pellet Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least you got a Recteq !
    That was the hard decision, now just experiment until you find what you like.
    I’m still in testing, so I can’t attest to any specific pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      Completely off topic but do pellet grills get hot enough to put a dead on a steak or burger? Been looking at them
      Pretty hard
      If you mean sear then yes. We cook steaks on my RT700 all the time. Ribeye's last night as a matter of fact. I have the sear plates and get amazing sear marks. I like my steaks hot and fast to a medium rare so on a 1" to 1.25" thick steak 4 minutes on each side is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        If you mean sear then yes. We cook steaks on my RT700 all the time. Ribeye's last night as a matter of fact. I have the sear plates and get amazing sear marks. I like my steaks hot and fast to a medium rare so on a 1" to 1.25" thick steak 4 minutes on each side is perfect.
        Hmm
        If I cook those that long on my green egg, its gonna be well done.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
          Hmm
          If I cook those that long on my green egg, its gonna be well done.
          Well I guess its a good thing this thread is about pellet grills and not eggs. LOL

Even on a gas grill or charcoal, I have always done 4 minutes on each side to a perfect medium rare. Never used an egg.
          Last edited by ColinR; 08-19-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
            The perfect mix by cookin pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It’s a shame they don’t have a better dealer network down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

Even on a gas grill or charcoal, I have always done 4 minutes on each side to a perfect medium rare. Never used an egg.
              Yep. About the same on a cast iron or hot griddle too.

Comment

I prefer B&B and Lumberjack. I am happy with the RECTEC pellets that I got when I bought my smoker, but I am almost out of them and will not reorder due to shipping cost. I never get of 275-300 on mine so no information on searing. I use my Weber for that.

Comment

B & B all flavors

Comment

B & B for me as well. Favorites are the champ blend and post oak

Comment

B&B for me too. I have not tried them all, but I have used the pecan, mesquite, and oak with good results.

Comment

I use the kingsford hickory flavor in my RT 700
                        I use the Treager drip pan for easy clean up.

Comment

I like the Treager & Bear Mountain pellets in my RecTec. Seems like Pit Boss take longer to get grill hot.

Comment

Over 40 posts in and not a single man bun or skinny jeans joke? Times are achanging around here.

Comment

Pellet Grills

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              Over 40 posts in and not a single man bun or skinny jeans joke? Times are achanging around here.

They have their place . Just another tool in the arsenal. I am 99% stick burner in my business. But I wanted a smoked chicken the other afternoon so I fired up the z grill. It was 105 outside. I went and sat in the house until the temp alarm beeped. I also use them for my Texas Twinkies. I don’t have an issue with em. But yes, it’s odd that there haven’t been any comments . I use PB competition blend. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X