Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a broadhead, but a field tip on a cottontail. A head shot to boot. Granted, it was the last of 5 arrows, but I got him.

Comment

Wac’em 3 blade

Comment

Brute 4 blade with in 2 blades in it. Also a big Anderson.

I climbed up in a mesquite tree, by myself, near frog creek on our Paint Rock deer lease, hunting over a hanging 5 gallon bucket feeder at 8 years old.
        First hunt, shot a doe as my first bow kill in that spot.
        Used a bear mini magnum and I believe 25lb max draw weight. Doe didn’t make it 40 yards and fell over.
        Also some more down memory lane, included pictures of my first buck, me standing with my second bow and me in a news paper clipping shooting a tournament with my first overdraw on a bow.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KingsX; 08-19-2022, 11:22 PM.

Comment

3 blade Muzzy! Somewhere around 2006 out of a bowtech equalizer. Which my wife still shoots today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff everyone. Enjoy seeing that first success and the continued passion for archery.
            Sure brings a smile to my face reading all this. Definitely some broadhead names I haven’t heard in a while. Good to see some of the OG broadheads still around and kickin’. New broadheads and old…I sure like them all.

I wish the best to everyone this coming season and here’s to many more firsts and memories made.

Comment

Thunderhead!

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                Mine was before a bunch of you were born!! I used a Savora. Anyone else here use these?
                Yep. I here is a couple of Savora Swept Wing broadheads that I dug out of storage from 40+ years ago.

I didn't look all the way thru, but I don't remember posting to this thread.

My first hunting bow was a Bear Magnum Recurve 50lb. I was shooting Easton silver aluminum arrows and Bear Super Razor Heads. I lost a lot of arrows stalking thru the Live Oaks in Mills county. I never did kill a deer with that bow.

I killed my first deer with a bow in Coke county. I was shooting a Jennings T-Star, Easton Autumn Orange 2216 arrows with a Razorback 5 broadhead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  Yep. I here is a couple of Savora Swept Wing broadheads that I dug out of storage from 40+ years ago.

I didn't look all the way thru, but I don't remember posting to this thread.

My first hunting bow was a Bear Magnum Recurve 50lb. I was shooting Easton silver aluminum arrows and Bear Super Razor Heads. I lost a lot of arrows stalking thru the Live Oaks in Mills county. I never did kill a deer with that bow.

I killed my first deer with a bow in Coke county. I was shooting a Jennings T-Star, Easton Autumn Orange 2216 arrows with a Razorback 5 broadhead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  I thought those orange aluminum Eastons were the coolest back in the day.
                  I never shot the Razorback 5 but I do still have some of the Bear Razor heads.

Comment

My first was with a Savory Swept Wing 4 blade. Easton orange aluminum arrow. Three finger tab. Somewhere around 1980. Long time ago. Still remember it like it was yesterday. Lol

Comment

First bow kill was a javelina. My dad had given me a few of these broadheads back in the day. Extracted from the animal post kill.

Comment

100 grain Thunder Head!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

100gr Rocket on a doe. I don’t remember if that was the brand or just the name but, I do remember the sound of it hitting her like it just happened.

Comment

125gr Thunderhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

100gr 3 blade Rage (original), and it is still my best buck to date.
                              Edit: I just now saw that I posted to this thread almost 5 yrs ago.
                              Last edited by HeyMikey; 08-20-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Savora 3 blade. An old bear bow with some cheap aluminum shafts. Doe at 15 yds around 1982…

Comment

Working...
                                X