Reroof price increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reroof price increases

Filed a hail damage claim on my asphalt shingle roof. It is 50 squares of the HiDef algae resistant shingles and over 7/12 pitch. Replacement cost $ 27k. Replacement cost when I had it replaced in 2004 was $ 8700. Plum crazy to me. I put the first roof on when I built the house and I guess I'll put this one on too.

Mine is getting old and will probably need to be decked over. (Old shiplap). Can't wait to see what it will cost.

Comment

Crazy.

Comment

We did our little house in 2017 for $6k, and just did it again this month for $14k!

Comment

i have a guy that will beat all pricing here in tx pm me, he will likely get you money back

Comment

Shingles went up March 7. I got in just under the wire.

Comment

Increase in material or Labor or both?

Comment

That price is insane I can do it for half that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The really crazy part is they'll do it in one day. That's good! The bad is with hiring a roofer is I'm pretty sure all of their roofing subs are "independent contractors " so they most likely won't have Workers Comp even they tell you they do. A guy falls off the roof and dies and you're pretty much screwed. I rather bypass all of this and just hire relatives, get them fall arrest, and move on down the road. They make a tremendous payday and I get my deductible payed and some eating out money or " deer corn" money.

Comment

Just FYI. IT IS NOT LEGAL TO PROFIT FROM AN INSURANCE CLAIM.

Comment

Who says I'm profiting from a claim.

Comment

Getting your deductible paid is profit buying deer corn and dinner is also profit.

Comment

I'm a incorporated commercial GC so it's all good. I was hoping for a response like yours to draw attention to the high prices that insurance companies are paying when there are companies that will do the job for less. I assume that you are a legit company with employees and all insurance including WC.

Comment

Wow that's robbery. We just had ours replaced 4 months ago. It was 45 squares of the same shingles you mentioned on a 8/12 pitch for $15k.

Comment

Good grief

Comment

Working...
                              X