Jackson Hole, WY - Late September Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking like we have decided to go to Jackson Hole for a long weekend Thursday - Sunday in Late September.

What are the must dos/donts/sights that can be accomplished in a long weekend?

I believe we are going to stay at Rustic Inn.

Ready go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local is a great restaurant, as is the merry piglets for Mexican. Yes I'm from Houston and yes I said that. Pinky G's for pizza. Take the tram ride it's worth the view for sure. We spent hours driving/walking in the park. Views change by the minute so it never gets old. Don't try to do Yellowstone. Hour plus drive to get to the south entrance, but another hour at least to get to anything you want to see. It's not a day trip. If you want to fish, the fly shop on the square will give you great info.
    Last edited by TexasBob; 05-28-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Take the tram to the top of the Tetons, Drive North of town and bring your camera. Take a fishing trip on the Snake River.

Comment

Take your jackets.
        Gun Barrel is a pretty neat place to eat, Bubba's BBQ is only so so imo.
        Fishing is good in fall.
        Elk will be bugling, unfortunately best place to see and hear them is in the Park, Sept is not near as busy as summer and they are limiting cars right now, check on reservations to get in.
        You'll be in grizz country so be careful on where you hike.
        Take the little drive east out of town to the refuge road.
        Some hot springs to soak in outside of town : https://www.jacksonhole.net/blog/tak...-jackson-hole/
        By late Sept the leaves may have fallen, if not the aspens will be very pretty.
        Drive down to Alpine and say hi to our friend Craig, he's a brewer at Melvin. The beers are hoppy and at altitude will hit you fast and hard. Some good beers in Jackson and distilleries too. Be careful of the altitude, drink lots of water.
        You have to go to The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar on the boardwalk.
        Check out the webcams, you can send a wave "hi" to your family or friends : https://www.seejh.com/live

Comment

Good stuff TTT

Booked everything today

Staying at The Lexington at Jackson Hole

Rented a 4wd truck for our stay

Comment

Folks covered most stuff so all I will add is...……...the ELK will be screaming in September!!! We saw a beast last summer hanging out by the road, could care less we were there....lol. I cant say over my 3 or 4 trips there that we have had a bad visit......just beautiful country!

Comment

Obviously Yellowstone. Hit up Hayden Valley if you want to see wolves and bears and elk and all sorts of other creatures. We actually enjoyed the Tetons more than the park, because of the trails, but the park just seems likes it's on another planet.

In regards to Jackson, Signal MTN Lodge has good apple pie, there was a wild west show in the downtown streets, and the Gun Barrel is a good place to eat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tetons

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We were supposed to fly out in two weeks but we canceled the trip. Looking at next summer.

Comment

Lots of good info in this post I will hang on to for someday trip. Awesome pic of the Tetons firemanjj82, sure wish I could be right there for say the entire month of July.

Comment

Keep in mind a lot of things like the gun fight in the town square shut down after Labor Day weekend.

Comment

TTT any other recommendations?

Comment

We went a couple of years ago, but stayed in some cabins on a ranch. Did horseback ride in mountains, took tram up and hiked around. Rafted only river, went to park and drive around. Saw plenty of buffalo, antelope, deer and elk. Went to Yellowstone. Just told the wife five minutes ago we needed to go back.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

I hunted elk a couple miles south of Jackson last year September 26th - October 1st. We had bright 60 degree sunny days (my avatar), as well as a couple inches of snow and in the 30s all in 6 days. So be ready for any weather. Beautiful country, wish I was going back!!

Comment

Tetons, Silver Dollar Bar and Cody, Wy.

Comment

Working...
                              X