Montana Black Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Black Bear Hunt

Anyone been in Montana recently? We have a hunt scheduled for 6/8-14th pending a few things COVID related.

We are planning on making it a family trip with the 5th wheel and go up through Wyoming first and then over to the Western slope of Montana.

Wyoming seems to be opening up and shouldn't be an issues but Montana is a little behind.

If I was just going on a hunting trip, I wouldn't be as concerned because we'd call it business related and hang out at the cabin and leave to hunt.

But since I'm wanting to take the family, I don't want them to be bored to tears because everything is shut down while I hunt.

Anyone in Montana right now have any advice?

ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

We are going the end of July, never been there, but looking forward to it. Flying in too Missoula.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
          We are going the end of July, never been there, but looking forward to it. Flying in too Missoula.
          We are going to be in Hamilton south of Missoula.

Looks like things are opening back up 6/1 for the most part.

Comment

Outfitter or DIY? No help but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              Outfitter or DIY? No help but good luck.
              Outfitter. They are hungry.

It's about 1/3 of the normal cost.

Comment

It's on my bucket list, a Montana hunt! Have a great time and take plenty of pictures for us poor slobs here, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                  Outfitter. They are hungry.

It's about 1/3 of the normal cost.
                  PM sent.

Comment

Let me know if they need a few more guys...Bow hunting I assume

Comment

Good luck OP. It's a nice area. I'll be around there the week after you fishing, drinking , and hiking.

From talking to people, things like local business, bars and restaurants have been getting back to normal and no one was really paying attention to the traveler quarantine anyways. I'm sure dropping the quarantine all together will help even more. Outfitters are hurting up there for sure. A fly fishing outfitter I talk to told me yesterday he had 118 boats canceled in June. That is devastating.

Comment

Brother lives in Bozeman, just about everything is open, except his wife's Jazzercise business has been shut down this whole time.
                        He was up to his Mountain property a couple weeks ago in 2' of snow and had Grizzly tracks around his cabin already so the bears are out.

Comment

Definitely keep the post going to put up how your trip goes. I'm heading to Canada to hunt bears in September.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            PM sent.
                            Replied.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                              Let me know if they need a few more guys...Bow hunting I assume
                              We are full with 5 hunters and two guides, but we are rifle hunting anyways. Spot and stalk, some horseback.

I've always wanted to bear hunt with my .45/70 Henry. Going to take a longer range rifle but if I can get 100 yards or less on one the Henry is going to rattle the trees.

We have alot more information than we did when I originally posted.

We have our RV parks booked for the way up there and while in Hamilton but are struggling to find anything on a different route back that is open or not already booked up all summer.

Some unknowns still with when they will open Yellowstone's Western entrances.

Staying in Alpine, South of Jackson for 4 nights before we head to Montana to hunt. Had originally planned on Yellowstone on the way but it looks like we may do Jackson Hole and Grand Tetons and come back through Yellowstone if we can find an RV park open or available. Hopefully we can wrap up details by this weekend. It's always a challenge to plan a two week RV trip, through in a hunt and COVID-19 and it's been much more so but well worth it in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X