• Show
Clear All

New Vortex hunting optic

Click image for larger version

Name:	0A05481C-5058-49A8-AE0E-8B917DEFD1F0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	25207133

IMO this should be an awesome lightweight hunting optic, and addressing an age old question that Leupold issue to acknowledge. A lightweight MIL/MIL hunting based optic with decent turrets.

30 mm tube
    19 oz for the 42mm objective
    20 oz for the 50 mm objective
    FFP
    Reticle is meh, but sufficient for most hunting purposes
    Decent turrets
    $1000 street price for the 42mm, and I’m assuming $1050ish on the 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      [ATTACH]994518[/ATTACH]

IMO this should be an awesome lightweight hunting optic, and addressing an age old question that Leupold issue to acknowledge. A lightweight MIL/MIL hunting based optic with decent turrets.

What’s the age old question that Leupold isn’t acknowledging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        What’s the age old question that Leupold isn’t acknowledging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Kind of curious myself. Always thought pretty highly of Leupy.

Comment

Lightweight MIL/MIL hunting based optic.

Comment

Nice to see the updated that model. The OG was the Razor LH. This new one outta be awesome. It seems very similar to the leupold vx5 HD models.

Comment

too bad it says vortex on it

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                Nice to see the updated that model. The OG was the Razor LH. This new one outta be awesome. It seems very similar to the leupold vx5 HD models.
                The LH has good glass, but lacked turrets and a 30mm tube for decent elevation range. The reticle is pretty meh, but for a lightweight hunter will be more than sufficient with quality turrets. I’m tempted to pull the trigger on this, but just can’t think of a rifle that is suitable for it in my current stable. Finally a decent MIl based option for those who wish not to go back into the dark ages for a hunting optic.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  too bad it says vortex on it
                  I’ve found those who whine about Vortex are usually don’t buy the Razor line. I think the cheap **** from Vortex, Leupold, and even Swaro is just that. Cheap ****. I’ve bought their high end as well, and can say I trust a Razor 10x more than I trust anything high end from Leupold. The MK5 is earning itself a pretty solid reputation as reliable and well built though. This new Razor may prove itself a complete POS, but I’d bet it’s pretty solid seeing how much I’ve beat on the rest of their Razor line.

Comment

Curious to see it. My Mark6 is 23oz but better glass than my LH. If it’s same optics I’d still prefer the little extra weight

Comment

I wish it had a 56mm Obj and a Christmas tree reticle.

Comment

I believe these are second focal plane scopes not first.

I'm interested in how the locking turret works but not thrilled with the 1400/1500 MSRP's or the gross reticle.
                        Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 03-05-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post

I'm interested in how the locking turret works but not thrilled with the 1400/1500 MSRP's or the gross reticle.
                          You are correct.

One scope to rule them all. From dark-timber whitetails, to executing precision long-range shots on an open-country mule deer, and everything in between - there’s the lightweight, second focal plane Razor HD LHT. Stunning, High Definition optical system delivers a crystal-clear sight picture with tack-sharp resolution. Turn every second of legal shooting light into opportunity. Take to the field with confidence knowing you’ve sacrificed nothing with the Razor HD LHT.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Curious to see it. My Mark6 is 23oz but better glass than my LH. If it’s same optics I’d still prefer the little extra weight
                            Is the glass better or just brighter? I ran a MK6 for about 5 years when they came out, and only ran the LH for a short time. The glass seemed pretty close, but I never compared them directly. The MK6 having a 34mm tube and 44mm objective had a serious advantage though. It can draw in significantly more light, which would help it to appear as better glass. This new design should overcome that somewhat. Especially if you opt for the 50mm objective. I am curious how they’ll compare.

My biggest complaint about the MK6 was the turrets. They were garbage IMO. I didn’t like them when I received it, and grew to hate them by the time I sold it. The C2 turrets were an upgrade, but too many horror stories of them not tracking right for me to give them another go. The VX5HD with MIL turrets and reticle would be an excellent option IMO, but Leupold refuses to produce a huntiing based optic in MILs.

I’ll be honest. In this category glass isn’t my biggest concern. I despise NightForce NXS glass, and have been throwing around the idea of a NXS 2.5-10x42 solely for the turrets, weight, and reliability. I also despise the MILR reticle, but once again I’m willing to sacrifice it for this particular usage. Ideally I’d have Tangent glass in an 34mm tube 50mm objective 3-18 with a MILC reticle and ATACR turrets that’s durable as hell in an 18 ounce package, but nobody has figured out how to make that yet lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post

I’d prefer FFP, but I’d even sacrifice for a SFP VX5HD that’s MIL/MIL. Some reason Leupold refuses to put MIL reticles and turrets on their hunting line optics. A lot of times I don’t have the time to pull out my kestrel or app to check dope in hunting situations, but I have it pretty well memorized in MILs. When seconds count I don’t plan to convert MILs to MOA, nor do I want to fumble with a device to do so. MIL is the only option I’m willing to accept, and many in the LR world feel the same. If I’m going to have to accept a tactical line optic, then there are plenty of better options. Most hunting line optics come in at 20 ounces or less. Most tactical line optics are 28-30 ounces or more. Also considerably larger physically. For a lot of my uses that’s perfectly acceptable, but I do want a lightweight backpack rifle with a sufficient optic, and this new LHT may fit that role precisely.
                              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 03-05-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X