Fluorescent or LED lights for barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluorescent or LED lights for barn

Really like the F-bay T8 fluorescent lights, but not sure if LEDs would be the best choice, because of the maintenance factor.

Would love to see pics of different light setups in some of y'all's shops.

These new LED lights are BA

Comment

Don't have any photos to offer, but one consideration might be whether or not this is a heated shop. The flourescent light is always poor in cold shops, until they've had a while to warm up. My guess is, the LED's also are more energy efficient.

Comment

I have fluorescent high bays in my shop and they are bright even for my blind butt.

Comment

Originally posted by STex View Post
          These new LED lights are BA
          STex can you post pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
            Don't have any photos to offer, but one consideration might be whether or not this is a heated shop. The flourescent light is always poor in cold shops, until they've had a while to warm up. My guess is, the LED's also are more energy efficient.
            How long are we talking to warm up? Not heated

Comment

I put led bulbs in my shop. I ordered them from earthled. They install in a regular fixture all you have to is bypass the ballast and bam. Great brite light. I am very happy with the switch from flourscent to the leds. Instant on and no flckering.

Comment

Glare of LED's can be an issue, if I cannot get a frosted lens, I would opt for fluorescent.

There is not a significant savings on energy of LED over linear fluorescent and life of LED is longer, but not sure worth the double of price.

Comment

LED is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will never put up another florescent light fixture again.
                    LED's are the shiznittle

Comment

Go with T5 fluorescent hi-bay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                        I will never put up another florescent light fixture again.
                        LED's are the shiznittle
                        This in spades. The only time I will ever buy anything other than LED is if LED is not available for the application.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          This in spades. The only time I will ever buy anything other than LED is if LED is not available for the application.
                          Me Too!!

Comment

fluorescents don't work well at all if the shop is not heated and it is not located in south Texas.

Comment

I hate fluorescent lights and dealing with ballasts.........

your money tho. If I could afford LED, LED it'd be.

Comment

Working...
                              X