Small worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    They will be gone in 2 to 3 weeks. Its that time of year they do this.

That used to be the case but last year we had them worse than ever and they stayed all summer no matter how much I sprayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
      Millipedes. We had about 17 million last year at the farm. We saw 1 yesterday. I’d sweep out the shop and within 10 minutes the floor would be covered again. They thrive on moisture and they get everywhere. They also find cracks and get in the house. We applied several poisons
      and the thing that finally seemed to work was warmer, dry weather. When they die, they curl up and get crunchy.
      This is what they look like and same issues Lip. Thanks and it is probably what they are since you aren’t far from me. Thanks.

Comment

They will be gone in 2 to 3 weeks. Its that time of year they do this.

As mentioned before I have owned this place 20 (land 20 house 3 years) and have never had this problem.
        Last edited by tps7742; 05-28-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          My wife's chickens love 'em! Get you about a dozen layin' hens and a rooster and let them roam free in the yard... problem solved and lots of good side benefits... FRESH EGGS!!
          With the varmints I have around here they would have to be some mean a_ _ chickens to survive. Lol but that’s what I need.

Comment

Thanks for all the feed back folks another problem solved by the green screen.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              Thanks for all the feed back folks another problem solved by the green screen.

If you figured out the solution then share it!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                If you figured out the solution then share it!
                Correction on my part. I haven’t figured out the solution but the culprit has been identified. But will look into it more. I used to say I would ask the old timers but I am one of them now. Lol I just sprayed again.

Comment

I had some granular poison for grubs. We spread it as a last resort about the same time it stopped raining and got hot. Not sure if it helped or not.

Comment

Interesting article about them. Do you have a bunch of mulch or plants around your house?

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/ne...sep/162601.htm
                    Last edited by hogslayer78; 05-28-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Interesting article about them. Do you have a bunchnif mulch or plants around your house?

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/ne...sep/162601.htm
                      I do have flower beds in the front of the house. Good article thanks. I have some work to perform. Maybe I can get rid of these dang flower beds now, heck we live in a rural area. Lol
                      Last edited by tps7742; 05-28-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        With the varmints I have around here they would have to be some mean a_ _ chickens to survive. Lol but that’s what I need.

THAT's what the rooster is for... A mean rooster is a pretty dang good match for a coon or possum, even a single yote... Course, he's a pretty good deterrent for walk up visitors to the house too!

Comment

Working...
                        X