No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying they are trash. I probably have 15 or 20 in my garage that I bought for customers to use and they do good for what they are. If you think you are getting a premium rod with quality components for $50 you'll be disappointed. If you look at it as a $50 rod they aren't bad. I bought the ones I have for $20-25 each when they ran sales and for that price they were good. If one got messed up or broken I chucked it and didn't lose sleep over it. They worked fine for throwing popping corks and I typically could get a year or two out of them, which isn't bad.

When you step up to a Falcon you still get an imported rod but you get Fuji reel seats and guides and those are nice improvements, plus they are a little lighter and also durable. But then there is probably a $30-40 increase in price. Both the All Star and Falcon will have crappy cork too. Cork is expensive these days and you just won't find nice cork on any of the cheaper rods.

I have used the All Stars, Falcon Coastals and custom rods for customer rods. They all work but they all have things I like and don't like. I am just trying to give you an honest opinion of what to expect. I'm not trying to talk you out of buying them.

Comment

I’m with CD on this one. Don’t care much for the new all star rods at all. On sale they make OK customer rods, I upgraded all my gear and glad I spent the little extra money.

Comment

The new all stars are not close to the originals.

I have a shrimp tail special and it is still one of my favorites.

I have a new falcon coastal clear water and I tried my best to fish with it this weekend and I don’t know if it’s the balance or what but I don’t like it. The falcon Grinder is a much better Rod IMO and cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Waded this morning bite was much slower than yesterday. Lots of small fish. Still had fun spending Time with the wife.

Nice haul!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            My son hunts the old Allstar shrimp tail specials on eBay etc regularly but I have no idea how they compare to the new classic stuff
            Let me look I might know where one might be

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I just broke my last all star shrimp tail special last trip. May not be the best but it was my favorite!

Comment

Hey hully1029 , if you're looking for a good wading rod I have one of the original Castaway Med lt waders 6' "the Blue Wrap" you can have. I don't get to the coast often. All I do is chase those bucket mouth green fish.

Comment

Y'all are killing them! Nicely done gents!

Dang opened the salt page to a bunch of carnage!! Hope everyone heals up quick, that stingray hole is bringing back flashbacks!

Comment

Look what I found

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Look what I found

We need to talk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Look what I found

Yo snowflake you ain’t no saltwater guy, why not let me buy one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          Yo snowflake you ain’t no saltwater guy, why not let me buy one of those.

Brent's son has first choice. Your next in line mayhem

Comment

Doug, I got you covered on the "shrimptail special"...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Doug, I got you covered on the "shrimptail special"...
                              Look at ol Charlie

Comment

Couple other reels

Comment

Working...
                                X